Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only just now discovered Outcasts and am blown away by the look and quality of this production. Is more coming? I read that you have a training robot mode in the works. Is it something able to perform a little action on its own or is it more like the training dummy in the ios app?

Anyway, this looks great! I have to get these printed and sleeved...thanks for the work you have put into this. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are more coming! Much much more.

The training robot, his name is Tobor, is somewhere between the training dummy on the app version and a full blown AI (although closer to the stationary dummy). He does do different things from beat to beat, picking his attack pair semi-randomly.

I am away on holiday right now, but when I get back home I will see about bringing Tobor to the public.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking it out! We have several more characters in various stages of development. The biggest thing holding back their release, though, has been commissioning the art.

Coming up, you can expect to see:
--a woman who uses song to power her wind magic
--twin bounty hunters who fight together
--an engineer in steampunk-esque battle armor
--a mad bomber who can hurt himself as much as his opponents
--a sneaky opponent who strikes from the shadows
--a secret agent who punishes predictable opponents
--and much more!

Tobor, the Sparring Robot is good for solo play. Each turn, he randomly selects his style and base. He won't help you learn how to predict opponent's moves, but he will give you a good feel for the game's mechanics and the value of Priority, Stun Guard, Range, and movement effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tobor is in the file queue and I also put previews of Takijiro and Shihai into the image queue this morning as well (they are the characters we are presently working hardest at).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Can't wait to check them out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, they are really sitting on Tobor, aren't they? Getting a file approved here on BGG can take a long time... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Patterson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Just came across this today. Dunno how it avoided me for so long. They all actually look excellent. I definitely like Sol most, it's such a clever objective. I might not be advanced enough for him, but totes worth a try. I look forward to following this "super-secret" project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will probably post to this thread when I put new files into the BGG queue, so if you want to know before things are available but that they are literally in the pipeline subscribe.

That said, I just uploaded a revised version of Tobor (clearer wording on his unique ability) and a new character; Takijiro.

I have been waiting with Taki because I wanted to release him side by side with his nemesis Shihai Desuka, but she (as she has always been) is proving difficult to get just right. In the interest of not making the interested parties wait too long between releases, Takijiro will be appearing soon! Hopefully Shihai will be hot on his heels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Patterson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Taki is another real good character. I really do like seeing characters with alternative winning methods. It's a good way to make the fight unique. I can already see how some forms of Enlightenment can be difficult to reach and how that difficulty can be avoided through the use of other styles. I look forward to seeing Shihai and how she earned the title of nemesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.