Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this is clear in the French rulebook, but it's kinda ambiguous in the Czech one...
If a player chooses a card from the discard pile (by Halikarnassos or one leader) and this card is built for free, does it mean it has to be a new building for free or can it even be a part of the player's wonder, built for free? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Rogenski
United States
Marietta
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The free card from the discard pile cannot be used to build your wonder. I must be played as a regular card face up. Building a card is different than building your wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah dunno how it's said in non-english rules but the english version clearly says you may build a structure from the discard pile. Compare to Babylon which says you can play the seventh card (without using the word structure or otherwise implying what to do with it) instead of discarding it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Mate
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SlebRittie wrote:
... but the english version clearly says you may build a structure from the discard pile...

Where?

Not to be picky, but the rules I have (and the online rule pdf) don't use the word structure when describing the Halikarnassos special ability. I see the word "card" which I can infer, from reading the rest of the rules, means not a wonder stage...

mikey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbrna wrote:
SlebRittie wrote:
... but the english version clearly says you may build a structure from the discard pile...

Where?

Not to be picky, but the rules I have (and the online rule pdf) don't use the word structure when describing the Halikarnassos special ability. I see the word "card" which I can infer, from reading the rest of the rules, means not a wonder stage...

mikey

Page 3 of the Rulebook:
Quote:

Cards
In 7 Wonders, all the Age cards represent structures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbrna wrote:
SlebRittie wrote:

Where?

mikey

Hrm. I just looked at an online .pdf and you appear to be right. This means one of two things:

-There was more than one printing and I saw a different one

-I was wrong about "structure" vs. "card". However, the online one I found does say "build" for Halicarnassos and "play" for Babylon (in the back of the book where they explain all the wonders), so that might be what I was thinking: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:EC6eb0j7AzoJ:www.rprod.com/files/7W_RULES_EN_COLOR_LIGHT.pdf+Repos+Production+7+wonders+rules+site:www.rprod.com/files&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjL-8NwdfMrw1eDZXgPQtfr9IilNpvmuLlf2S88ElkmCBOEKmsceGOqXJHhyRVhuWz4LmLx7YdL3EIJiB1MgnFgtjAfTk0Iv7jnc8QatcBosyYmxlvKSZQIVYHkbFTDzrTH7at2&sig=AHIEtbSTuqdLfmPf3OXbkFTNCnzbWzYcug

EDIT: It also elaborates that the Babylon card can be discarded/built into wonder while offering no such elaboration for Hali

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.