Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I've played Team Asia only once, but I have the following question:

The rules state that teammates are allowed to claim the same route twice, thus blocking the opponent team(s). With an example that "in 4 player game 2 of 3 routes can be used and both can be claimed by the same team"

So does that mean that:

a) Route from Hong-Kong to Canton can be blocked as well?
b) in a 6 player game it is allowed to block 2 of 2 routes?
c) how can You keep track of who build what route in case second one is planned to be built N rounds after the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Fallenius
Sweden
(södra Älvsborg)
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
a) Yes, it can. This means that if your team needs to reach Hong Kong, you should probably build it as soon as possible (= during first round).
b) Yes, it is.
c) You must remember it. I can see this being quite an issue if you don't trust each others memories, or think that you fellow players cheat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules only mention claiming additional routes on a triple route. Where does it ever say that this applies to double routes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
The rules only mention claiming additional routes on a triple route. Where does it ever say that this applies to double routes?

I'm wondering the same thing. It would make the special case for Canton to Hong Kong largely pointless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy prico
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

From the earlier post (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/694669/double-and-triple...) I understand, that official ruling on this is that...

a) both teammates can claim one track on same route (parallel tracks) on a double and triple routes

b) this apply in 4-player as well as in 6-player games

This results in blocking other team/s in double route 6 player case and in triple route 4 player case.

Logically, not one player can take both/two tracks, so both team players must collaborate to take both/two tracks of a double/triple route. Also logically, one team cannot take all three tracks of triple route in 6-player game.

Hope I'm right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Fallenius
Sweden
(södra Älvsborg)
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing. It would make the special case for Canton to Hong Kong largely pointless.

Well, the special rule means that team A, to block team B out of Hong Kong, must claim both routes, which is only good for active blocking (otherwise it's practically a wasted turn). Surely most turns are not taken aiming for blocking the opponents, but for building a strong network and gaining points.

The special rule also means that if player A2 starts the game with claiming Hong Kong-Canton, team B has two chances (B1 and B2) to claim its parallel route, before player A1 can take it. (Supposing the play order goes A2-B1-B2-A1-A2-B1-B2-A1 ... .)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.