Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up the most recent printing earlier today (by Tasty Minstrel Games) and it did not have the bonus customers like their previous printing had

It has the 2012 Kennerspiel des Jahres logo and the one by Pegasus Spiel with the Kennerspiel logo did have the bonus customers.

Just wanted to see if mine was missing them or this printing just didn't come with them?

Here's the TMG 2012 printing w/ Kennerspiel logo but no bonus customers

Here's the Pegasus Spiel w/ Kennerspiel logo but it has another sticker showing the mini expansion is included
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this was extremely unwelcomed news as I opened my package from CSI today. I'm thinking of returning it and picking up a copy with the bonus tiles now

The picture on TMG & CSI website makes it appear that it's included with all copies but it's obviously not. I sent TMG and CSI an email seeing if this problem can be fixed because it I feel like it's false advertisement. (Yes, I know that phrase gets tossed around too much and abused) I hope a amiable resolution can be reached, but if not I guess I just have to return the game back to CSI. I have no doubt CSI would honor the request, so the ball is in TMG's court to see if they can provide an explanation to this and hopefully provide the bonus customer tiles .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extremely disappointed here as well. Just got the TMG version over the holidays and it didn't come with the bonus tiles.

What's even worse is that I could have bought the Pegasus Spiele edition for $10 less than the TMG one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
Yes, this was extremely unwelcomed news as I opened my package from CSI today. I'm thinking of returning it and picking up a copy with the bonus tiles now

The picture on TMG & CSI website makes it appear that it's included with all copies but it's obviously not. I sent TMG and CSI an email seeing if this problem can be fixed because it I feel like it's false advertisement. (Yes, I know that phrase gets tossed around too much and abused) I hope a amiable resolution can be reached, but if not I guess I just have to return the game back to CSI. I have no doubt CSI would honor the request, so the ball is in TMG's court to see if they can provide an explanation to this and hopefully provide the bonus customer tiles .

I also emailed TMG and asked if this was a mistake or not. Seemed odd the previous print run included the bonus customers as did the newer print run by Pegasus Speil (which also had the Kennerspiel logo).
Unfortunately the site I bought mine also had the image of the older edition with the bonus included pictured on the front.

I already opened my copy hoping they were inside so I'm not even sure I could return it now. Guess I'll see what TMG says.

For anyone else who emailed TMG, please keep us updated if you get a response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a thread here somewhere were I thought I asked and TMG posted saying the bonus customers are included.... will have to dig it up as that is the only reason I pre-ordered (also from CSI) as well....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
there is a thread here somewhere were I thought I asked and TMG posted saying the bonus customers are included.... will have to dig it up as that is the only reason I pre-ordered (also from CSI) as well....

It was here: Reprint?

DrMayhem wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
I also think I read somewhere that this reprint run will include the mini customer expansion in the box?

The first printing had them in the box, and I believe the second printing does also. This is a detail which escapes my memory at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Just to throw some perspective out there, it's just four tiles that don't have any inherent effect on game play - just a tiny bit of different.

I will be getting a copy of this newest reprint in a couple of weeks and am unconcerned about the absence of these bonus items. I respect that some people do have an issue with this but I'd urge those people to just take a step back, take a deep breath, and say "it's just four tiles".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
Just to throw some perspective out there, it's just four tiles that don't have any inherent effect on game play - just a tiny bit of different.

I will be getting a copy of this newest reprint in a couple of weeks and am unconcerned about the absence of these bonus items. I respect that some people do have an issue with this but I'd urge those people to just take a step back, take a deep breath, and say "it's just four tiles".

.........but.........it's.........not.........complete.........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:

but 4 tiles I was expecting to be included... now probably going to cost $5 to pick up via the geek store... respect you are ok with that but I'm not.... very disappointed to have been mislead by Michael of TMG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Synnical77 wrote:

but 4 tiles I was expecting to be included... now probably going to cost $5 to pick up via the geek store... respect you are ok with that but I'm not.... very disappointed to have been mislead by Michael of TMG

Yup, I'm in complete agreement - it may only be 4 tiles, but I was expecting them and not having to lay out another $5 for 4 tiles.

Plus, they are currently sold out in the Geek Store so who is to say they will even get more anyways? But again, I would rather have gotten them in the first place as $5 is pretty high just for 4 tiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
But you don't HAVE to pay $5 for the four tiles. Play the game a few times then decide if they're that important (hint: they aren't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Keller
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I don't really want to further annoy you guys but on my end I never saw any guarantees that the bonus tiles would be included in this printing. To assume that they were part of the package was just hopeful thinking. Even TMG's response wasn't concrete. He effectively said he wasn't sure.

Also, about pictures found on online retailer site, those at times don't show the most up to date photo of the newest printing of a game and is very much a buyer-beware situation when you're not walking into a store and inspecting the product for yourself.

Recent examples that I've found where the online photo didn't match the thing being shipped were:

Eclipse (1st edition photo shown for 2nd edition)
Wallenstein (original photo shown for 2nd edition)
Evo

Anyways, the reason that this thread caught my eye in the first place is because I don't like when I see people making a pure assumption that they're getting something and then complaining when they don't get it.

Unless I'm mislead, the bonus tile situation was (I thought) a bonus to make TMG's direct sale attempt more appealing. Since this run is using a more traditional distribution method (I may be wrong on this point) I saw potential that these **bonus** tiles wouldn't make the 2nd printing.

I think Eminent Domain had a similar thing where the first run had bonus cards that the further printings did not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a picture doesn't accurately display the item ordered on Amazon, or eBay then they will gladly offer to take the product back for a full refund. Even Paypal has options to do this as well. Just because there are pictures that inaccurately display some games doesn't mean it's okay. I guess the fact that even on TMG's site the image for Village still shows it including the bonus tiles, so how am I to be led otherwise that they wouldn't be? I mean would you expect someone to accept the fact if he ordered TI3 because the picture displayed it, but got the 2nd edition instead to just say "Oh well, I guess I shouldn't have assumed it was the 3rd edition solely on the picture". I don't think that our complaints are really that unreasonable, do you?

I mean here is what happened in bullet points:

1. Purchased Village with the assumption the product image listed on TMG official site and CSI site was accurate.

2. Received Village that was not the correct edition and did not include bonus tiles as advertised.

3. Storm off to BGG to complain!

You make valid points Synnical77, but your talking to us customers who are already in a bad mood. And you know that's like talking to a brick wall. Your calm and logical thoughts will not penetrate our raged filled heads

I'll be perfectly honest and say yes I am that petty that if I can't get the bonus tiles somehow, I fully intend to return the game and will have nothing more to do with Village. My loss I know, but I have way too many games to play already so i'll just play it at a convention someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, it really boils down to the fact the place I bought the game (not CSI though) showed the old image. Plus the TMG website showed the old box with the bonus tiles.

There wasn't even a picture on BGG of the newer TMG edition (until I submitted mine; still waiting on version info to be approved) so no way anyone could have known the most recent reprint would not include the bonus tiles since a picture of it was not easily found anywhere

If the publisher doesn't have the picture of the most recent printing, online game stores aren't unlikely to have it since they tend to rely on photos provided for by the publisher.

Also, given the Pegasus Spiel recent reprinting (with the Kennerspiel logo) had the bonus customers included, it's rather odd that the TMG edition (with the Kennerspiel logo) didn't have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Synnical77 wrote:
Even TMG's response wasn't concrete. He effectively said he wasn't sure.

True. But he said he thought they would be included. If he wasn't sure, he should err on the side of not disappointing people.

JeffyJeff wrote:
very disappointed to have been mislead by Michael of TMG

Shocked. Absolutely shocked. *eyeroll*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a response from CSI and they offered me a full refund on the game if I wanted to return it (they also updated the picture on their site, yay!). Love their support and never had any worries on that front. I hope TMG will respond soon so I can decide if I want to return it or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Seattle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
Got a response from CSI and they offered me a full refund on the game if I wanted to return it (they also updated the picture on their site, yay!). Love their support and never had any worries on that front. I hope TMG will respond soon so I can decide if I want to return it or not.

My 2¢: It's worth complaining about (probably to TMG -- I'm not sure how CSI would be expected to know exactly what's inside), but it's not worth returning the game for. To echo what others have said, it's a tiny tiny difference. I get the bit about principles and whatnot, but it's a good game, and not worth making CSI suck up the cost of accepting returns. (Which I say as a CSI customer who wants to see them keep their costs down.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

My 2¢: It's worth complaining about (probably to TMG -- I'm not sure how CSI would be expected to know exactly what's inside), but it's not worth returning the game for. To echo what others have said, it's a tiny tiny difference. I get the bit about principles and whatnot, but it's a good game, and not worth making CSI suck up the cost of accepting returns. (Which I say as a CSI customer who wants to see them keep their costs down.)

I'm sure it's a great game, but like so many I have a huge backlog so i'm in a position that returning the game wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. This might not be the case with everyone. And you know I honestly don't even have a problem if the geek store had the promos for sale for $5 because i'd be supporting the Geek then. I have sent an email to TMG and am just awaiting their response before deciding what to do with my copy.

And as for hurting CSI, which is my favorite online store, I think I've done enough business with them that they would be okay with me returning the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Seattle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
And as for hurting CSI, which is my favorite online store, I think I've done enough business with them that they would be okay with me returning the game

I'm sure they'd be ok too. I'm saying I'd rather you didn't. FWVLIW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again it's all up to TMG, and I'm hoping they are willing to send me the bonus tiles. I'd be more than happy to pay for them and shipping. But if not then i'm returning the game. I purchased the game with the bonus tiles, and if they don't have it then I don't want the game. Sure, this is a petty and childish thing, and i'm willing to admit it but it's just how I feel and there is no changing that unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
I purchased the game with the bonus tiles,
Apparently you didn't.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
dacool561 wrote:

Why do you care? It's up to CSI to display the proper box they're selling. Don't let them off the hook, regardless of how great they are. (And to be clear, I'm in their 4% customer rewards tier, so obviously they're my favorite too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
dacool561 wrote:

Why do you care? It's up to CSI to display the proper box they're selling. Don't let them off the hook, regardless of how great they are. (And to be clear, I'm in their 4% customer rewards tier, so obviously they're my favorite too.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
curtc wrote:
dacool561 wrote:

You can say that again! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Seattle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
curtc wrote:
dacool561 wrote:

Why do you care? It's up to CSI to display the proper box they're selling. Don't let them off the hook, regardless of how great they are.

Because accepting returns increases costs, which results in higher prices for everyone.

There are also games where the board warps, where the cards stink, where the colors don't quite match, where the game takes much longer than claimed, where the rules are hard to understand (or even wrong), etc. All of these things are not what the customer wanted or expected, just like "I purchased the game with the bonus tiles". But I don't think it's fair to hold CSI responsible for any of these things, unless the customer explicitly asked CSI, and CSI explicitly confirmed.

Did the box cover on CSI change sing this thread started? Right now it looks like this:
That certainly doesn't say anything about the extra tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.