Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They changed it after we sent them emails about it curtc. Until yesterday evening, it showed the picture that said it included the bonus tiles for the past month and longer. It's been in and out of my cart for that long so I know the image well =) As stated earlier in the thread, we all purchased the game with the assumption it included the tiles BECAUSE the picture on their site and TMG site displayed it as such. I see why people would have issue with me returning it because of that, but again I feel like it's a perfectly justifiable reason. It just might not be one everyone agrees with is all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles add no difference to the game. Unless you're an OCD completionist, don't bother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
The tiles add no difference to the game. Unless you're an OCD completionist, don't bother.

That's me in a nutshell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thank-you for making me feel MUCH, MUCH better about my spending on board games over the past holiday season

dacool561 wrote:
curtc wrote:

My 2¢: It's worth complaining about (probably to TMG -- I'm not sure how CSI would be expected to know exactly what's inside), but it's not worth returning the game for. To echo what others have said, it's a tiny tiny difference. I get the bit about principles and whatnot, but it's a good game, and not worth making CSI suck up the cost of accepting returns. (Which I say as a CSI customer who wants to see them keep their costs down.)

I'm sure it's a great game, but like so many I have a huge backlog so i'm in a position that returning the game wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. This might not be the case with everyone. And you know I honestly don't even have a problem if the geek store had the promos for sale for $5 because i'd be supporting the Geek then. I have sent an email to TMG and am just awaiting their response before deciding what to do with my copy.

And as for hurting CSI, which is my favorite online store, I think I've done enough business with them that they would be okay with me returning the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent TMG a tweet about this thread and got a response:
"@dacool561 yes... I need to check something out first."

So hopefully we should have some information soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
Sent TMG a tweet about this thread and got a response:
"@dacool561 yes... I need to check something out first."

So hopefully we should have some information soon

Please post any updates (I don't use/follow twitter) - thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, I wasn't expecting a response until later on this week after everyone returns back to their normal schedules after this holiday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Village was recently printed without the promo customer tiles included in the box. I am planning to not have these in any future printings, and this 2nd printing is correct and should not have had them.

Despite this, I did indicate on a forum post that I thought they would be (memory failure) but I wasn't sure. As a result, for a limited time, I will provide the tiles to anybody that purchased the 2nd TMG printing of Village.

These promos will need to be shipped from Germany, so delivery will take awhile to accomplish.

If you want me to send you the tiles, please email me at michael@tastyminstrelgames.com by February 1st. Please understand why I cannot make this an open ended offer for a very long period of time. Also, I can only send them to the first 70 people who send me an email as a print run of them will not be happening soon.

The intention is to get the promos to those that ordered expecting the game to include the tiles.

Also, I have/will geekmailed everybody in this thread that has mentioned they were disappointed in missing them.

Thanks!

-Michael

Edited for clarification, and more official announcement nature. Edited to update the lack of print run, but that I should be getting 70.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
w00t, Thanks Michael! Best news to start the weekend with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got an email from Michael that the tiles will be coming. He says it could be a while, likely 6 weeks, before they are sent.

Thank you Michael!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hollinsworth
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, may I ask if you will also be printing more of these promos for sale in the Geek Store?

(I haven't bought the game yet, and so I'm perfectly willing to get them that way when I do.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveHollinsworth wrote:
Michael, may I ask if you will also be printing more of these promos for sale in the Geek Store?

(I haven't bought the game yet, and so I'm perfectly willing to get them that way when I do.)

It will be awhile before a print run is made, but I should be able to get 70 of them sent to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my bonus tiles in the mail from Michael today. Thanks again for doing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:

me too! thanks Michael!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
dacool561 wrote:

me too! thanks Michael!

Got mine as well - many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Childs
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my bonus tiles yesterday as well. Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Ackerman
United States
Palm Beach
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael, got mine yesterday! Now just waiting to order the expansion.

And by that I mean the Village Inn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Buckingham
United States
Berne
IN
flag msg tools
Watch and learn... - Dr. Who
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
Village was recently printed without the promo customer tiles included in the box. I am planning to not have these in any future printings, and this 2nd printing is correct and should not have had them.

Despite this, I did indicate on a forum post that I thought they would be (memory failure) but I wasn't sure. As a result, for a limited time, I will provide the tiles to anybody that purchased the 2nd TMG printing of Village.

These promos will need to be shipped from Germany, so delivery will take awhile to accomplish.

If you want me to send you the tiles, please email me at michael@tastyminstrelgames.com by February 1st. Please understand why I cannot make this an open ended offer for a very long period of time. Also, I can only send them to the first 70 people who send me an email as a print run of them will not be happening soon.

The intention is to get the promos to those that ordered expecting the game to include the tiles.

Also, I have/will geekmailed everybody in this thread that has mentioned they were disappointed in missing them.

Thanks!

-Michael

Edited for clarification, and more official announcement nature. Edited to update the lack of print run, but that I should be getting 70.

Do you have any left Michael?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.