Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Scholtz
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state "when you change a word already on the board into a different word, at least one letter from the old word must remain uncovered and be used in the new word"

We have some debate on whether the "old" word means the original word first laid down on those spaces, or the previous word. Using the former, a word on the board would always have at least one tile that has no other tiles stacked on it. It also makes it look like the box cover is in error. (in our edition anyways)

I'm pretty sure you stack a space with letters so long as you're not completely covering what was previously there. (though the above rule makes for an interesting challenge)

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
The Back Alley gets no respect.
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot think of any way that this would mean you had to leave one "original" letter forever exposed with nothing atop it. I think they would have used the word "original" if that were what they meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elliot rudell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
The rule is about the requirement to leave at least one letter unchanged in any word, already on the gameboard, that is being modified by the new move. I am the inventor of the game. You can believe me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.