6 Posts

The Castles of Burgundy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tile effects - one turn or whole game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
I realize that all tile effects take place immediately after the tile is placed in your estate. However some tile effects seem to occur one time such as some of the Building tile effects. Example: Boarding House: take 4 worker tiles from the general supply. Other tile effects seem to occur immediately or on any of your subsequent turns, such as by placing any of the Knowledge tiles in your estate. That is, their effects can occur multiple times.

1)Do I understand this correctly?

2) Is there a general rule as to which tiles' effects occur one time (immediately after they are placed in your estate) and which tiles' effects occur immediately (if you choose to do so) and for the rest of the game on your turns once they are placed in your estate?

Thanks.
Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You sort of nailed it. Knowledge tiles are lasting effects. All other tiles are one-time only. (I guess the animals might be a mix...pigs already placed score again when newly placed pigs in the same field score...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - yellow tiles are whole-game effects (well, those that aren't purely for endgame scoring), while building effects are all just one-off when you place them. (I guess mines are the other "long-term effect" ones, as they give income at the end of the round they're placed and every subsequent round.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think you mean Phase not round right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
I think you mean Phase not round right?

Probably

I don't have the rules in front of me right now, and I always find the phase/round terminology in this game confusing. But I mean the thing of which there are 5 in each game, not the thing of which there are 25
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's phase not round.
The game consist of 5 phases, and each phase has 5 rounds.
The 5 goods available each phase determine the end phase and each good determine a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.