Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on yin yang token rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ryan fleming
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
The yin yang token states it can be used at any time so long as it is not in the middle of an action. If I am the blue taoist utilizing the power to talk to a villager and attack, can i utilize a village square, use my token to ask for aid from another villager which gives me tao tokens, and use those tao tokens in a fight against a monster adjacent from me? Is there some flaw in my thinking along any of these steps? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just get the tokens first, with your Yin-Yang?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ryan fleming
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
That would be a better option but this is more of a what-if scenario to tell if i'm grasping the rules correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Listening to: Mark Helias - Loopin' the Cool // Michael Blake - Drift // Ari Brown - Venus
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferer56 wrote:
The yin yang token states it can be used at any time so long as it is not in the middle of an action. If I am the blue taoist utilizing the power to talk to a villager and attack, can i utilize a village square, use my token to ask for aid from another villager which gives me tao tokens, and use those tao tokens in a fight against a monster adjacent from me?

Yes, you could do that, because you are using the yin yang after one action is completed and before the second one starts. The prohibition is only on using it in the middle of an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Why not just get the tokens first, with your Yin-Yang?

Example: Blue Taoist is at the Herbalist Shop. He performs his village action to roll dice and get tao tokens. If he happens to roll the color he wants, then he saves his yin-yang; but if he doesn't, then he wants to spend it to use the Tea House and make sure he has the necessary token to win the fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really an academic argument. I would assume he was asking because he wasn't on that village, and needed to use the YY. I guess it boils down to if the blue's are considered one action. If not, then YY away, cap'n.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Listening to: Mark Helias - Loopin' the Cool // Michael Blake - Drift // Ari Brown - Venus
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
I guess it boils down to if the blue's are considered one action. If not, then YY away, cap'n.

I can't see how there would be a question about blue having two actions. He does one action just like any other taoist, then he does another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.