$10.00
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Ghosts of Creuss control the Wormhole Nexus, is it completely impossible to travel there for everyone else?

Is there any way to get rid of a Secret Objective card, in order to get a new one?

In our game, I had the Secret Objective to have one non-fighter ship in every system containing a wormhole. There were a total of 8 such systems on the map, including one planetary system with the a wormhole, two empty systems with the a and b wormholes, two systems containing a and b wormhole markers placed by the Ghosts of Creuss, the Ghosts of Creuss home system and their entry point into the galaxy, both with the d wormhole, and the a/b Wormhole Nexus. In other words... this was pretty much completely impossible to achieve.

Also, when exactly is a system controlled?

1) When there is a ship in the system, but no units/control markers on the planets?
2) When there is a unit/control marker on the planet, but no ship in the system?
3) When there is a unit/control marker on the planet, but an enemy ship in the system?
4) When there is a unit/control marker on one planet and an enemy unit/control marker on another planet, but no ship in the system?

And when is a combat won?

1) Do you have to retain at least one unit?
2) Is it enough to retain control over a planet, for example, as the defender, when all units in the combat from both sides were eliminated? Did the defender win the combat in this case?

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
If the Ghosts of Creuss control the Wormhole Nexus, is it completely impossible to travel there for everyone else?

Is there any way to get rid of a Secret Objective card, in order to get a new one?

In our game, I had the Secret Objective to have one non-fighter ship in every system containing a wormhole. There were a total of 7 such systems on the map, including two regular (empty) systems with the a and b wormholes, two systems containing a and b wormhole markers placed by the Ghosts of Creuss, the Ghosts of Creuss home system and their entry point into the galaxy, both with the d wormhole, and the a/b Wormhole Nexus. In other words... this was pretty much completely impossible to achieve.

Also, when exactly is a system controlled?

1) When there is a ship in the system, but no units/control markers on the planets?
2) When there is a unit/control marker on the planet, but no ship in the system?
3) When there is a unit/control marker on the planet, but an enemy ship in the system?
4) When there is a unit/control marker on one planet and an enemy unit/control marker on another planet, but no ship in the system?

And when is a combat won?

1) Do you have to retain at least one unit?
2) Is it enough to retain control over a planet, for example, as the defender, when all units in the combat from both sides were eliminated? Did the defender win the combat in this case?

Bye
Thanee

If the Ghosts of Creuss control the wormhole nexus, it is indeed impossible for anyone else to travel there. That is just one of their perks for being the Ghosts.

The only way to get rid of a secret objective is through political cards. Keeper of the Gates does not require the D wormholes to achieve. It also does not need the wormhole nexus, although that will just help you achieve it. You also don't need to control any a/b that might pop up thanks to domain counters or the Ghosts' racial ability. Only pre-printed a/b count toward it.

A system is controlled when you have a non-fighter ship in the system and control all planets in the system. Having a control marker on the planet is enough, and you can control zero planets in the system, such as in the case of an empty or red bordered system. None of your examples are "controlled"

1 - no control of the planets
2 - no ship in the system
3 - enemy ship in the system
4 - no control of all the planets

A combat is won when you win and have at least one remaining unit. So by your example 1 is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, there are a few ways to get the Creuss out of the Nexus, although they aren't always easy. Local Unrest can be very helpful, unless they really load a lot of GFs on the planet (or a Mechanized Unit) - but if so, they are kind of squandering resources a bit).

There are also Political cards that can help a bit, and the "Cultural Crisis" action card can help to remove their ability.

I wouldn't count on any of those, but if you really want to keep the Ghosts out of the Nexus, you should try and get there first and hold the planet. The Ghosts are only protected if they control the planet AND have a ship there; if you can hold the planet, you will be able to swoop in and destroy any attempts to blockade it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
For what it's worth, for the Master of Gates secret, you only need to control the original 4 hard printed wormholes (Lodor, Quann, Empty A, Empty B), not the Nexus, not any Distant/Final token places ones etc.

That one (and a few others, like what control means) are the reason I made a page with Secret Objective clarifications I stuff down everyones throat. Misunderstanding hidden cards sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with all of the above.

I was ghosts in my last game and got screwed over with Cultural Crisis, my carrier and lone GF got hammered, and my nexus with artifact went POOF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
For what it's worth, for the Master of Gates secret, you only need to control the original 4 hard printed wormholes (Lodor, Quann, Empty A, Empty B), not the Nexus, not any Distant/Final token places ones etc.

That one (and a few others, like what control means) are the reason I made a page with Secret Objective clarifications I stuff down everyones throat. Misunderstanding hidden cards sucks.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

It really did seem rather excessive in our setup, just reading the card text.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:

Very good idea!
could you post that list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
superjosef wrote:
could you post that list?
Hm, wanted to add some stuff about cruisers but dont have my cards on hand to verify.
Will get it uploaded soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.