Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

After reading the rule book I found out the only adv being dominant was choosing the dominant card...

Am I wrong ( I am sure I am but just can't tell exactly) or missing something?

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
ah3Dog wrote:
Hi

After reading the rule book I found out the only adv being dominant was choosing the dominant card...

Am I wrong ( I am sure I am but just can't tell exactly) or missing something?

Thx

This is exactly correct. But the Dominant cards are strong and game-changing, and you usually want them on your side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Louton
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
... and you receive bonus vp during end game scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the scoring in DS happens in the last round.... The Domination Cards are crucial to help you prepare for that. They can give you extra action pawns, pull species out of the dead pile, eradicate vast numbers of other species, glaciate your opponent's tile, or reduce the scoring of everyone ahead of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
Most of the scoring in DS happens in the last round.... The Domination Cards are crucial to help you prepare for that. They can give you extra action pawns, pull species out of the dead pile, eradicate vast numbers of other species, glaciate your opponent's tile, or reduce the scoring of everyone ahead of you.

...You forgot Leverage against other players if you have the Catastrophe card in your hand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite often, the players with the Dominance actions will choose tiles they have domination in if possible. By gaining domination in tiles, you can better anticipate which tiles your opponents will score and can focus your species on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BauMeister wrote:
... and you receive bonus vp during end game scoring.

Endgame scoring in the rule book (pg 20) does not make mention of counting Dominance. It does, however, require removing dominance markers from the board.

I have been looking for the "Ice Age" card on google images - but couldn't find it, so I am not sure exactly what that card reads.

Where can I find the rule which you mentioned.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the time the Ice Age card is selected, the domination cones will be used in conjunction with the bonus point track to score bonus VP. It does not occur during Endgame scoring.

"Ice Age - Each animal scores bonus VP based on the total number of tiles is curently dominates. This is the last turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.