$10.00
Keith Thomasson
United Kingdom
Near Tring
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be too literal in my reading of the English rules for the Sequential Order tile - but it says that the player who adds this to their estate is now always at the top in the sequential order, and shows their turn order piece at the top of the stack.

So the question is - if someone else is further along the turn order track than you are, does this tile make you the first player, or just the player on top of the stack in your current space, which may not put you first, just first among your peers?

Opinions and official responses most welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it made them start player, I think they would have worded it very differently. I play as it just being on top of whatever stack it is in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Thomasson
United Kingdom
Near Tring
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thought, but wondered why they didn't just say 'your turn order piece is always at the top of the turn order stack you are in'. It may have helped if they hadn't used 'sequential order', as this phrase is not what is used in the rules themselves! The 'active' and 'passive' bit does nothing helpful either...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like (tile-color considerations aside) this effect would never be better than a ship's. Moving one space on the turn order track is always at least as good as breaking ties, right? And unlike ships, this doesn't even bring you goods!

The only edge this effect has over a ship's is that it gives you the exclusive right to "go to 7" on the turn order track.

A stronger version would be:
"Move one space to the right on the turn order track. (You aren't limited to the six printed spaces.)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bc84 wrote:
It seems like (tile-color considerations aside) this effect would never be better than a ship's. Moving one space on the turn order track is always at least as good as breaking ties, right? And unlike ships, this doesn't even bring you goods!

The only edge this effect has over a ship's is that it gives you the exclusive right to "go to 7" on the turn order track.

I agree that a ship would usually be better, but there may not be a ship currently on the board. And of course if you need a Knowledge tile (or can't currently place a ship) this might be better for that reason.

Quote:
"Move one space to the right on the turn order track. (You aren't limited to the six printed spaces.)"

Have you tried that out? It sounds good, but it might turn out to be too strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
Quote:

Have you tried that out? It sounds good, but it might turn out to be too strong.

I haven't tried it out. Just trying to rationalize (imminently) spending $5 on three new tiles and one yellow boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.