United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRonimo!
mbmbmbmbmb
DCG2U wrote:
1. You cannot have the same card twice (cards with the same picture and name) but if someone gets it "accidently" can he pick another card or must he sell it/ use it to build a stage of his wonder?

Usually we allow "oops, let me pick another card" if the player accidentally picked a duplicate, especially if it's a new player. But technically by the rules, you have to sell/wonderize it.

DCG2U wrote:
2. I am confused on how guild scoring cards (and some special yellow cards) works. Let's say I get Worker's Guild. I get 1 victory point for every "brown card" (we also include resource produced by your wonder).

My left neighbor has 3 of them. My right neighbor has also 3. So, do I get 6 victory points NOW or does the scoring works at the end of the game?

Coin rewards are always given immediately.
Victory Point rewards are always counted at the end of the game. So yes, you'll benefit from future purchases.

DCG2U wrote:
3. Let's say I have only 1 Wood and my neighbors don't have any (and their neighbors don't have too). Next turn, they both pick cards that requires 1 Wood from me. Can both of them "buy" 1 Wood from me or only 1 can?

They both can.

DCG2U wrote:
What about someone that needs 2 Wood for his card, can he buy twice my Wood or must I have 2 Wood? But what if I get 1 more Wood card on the same turn (so now I have a total of 2), can he buy my 2 Wood?

He can only buy as many wood as you have when he chooses his card. Whatever you build "this turn" is not available to him.

DCG2U wrote:
4. This one is tricky. Let's say I have a resource card that "gives me" 1 Wood/ 1 Stone. Next turn, I play a card that costs 1 Stone. But my neighbor plays his card and needs 1 Wood. Can he buy 1 Wood from my resource card? Because from what I understand, when you get a resource card (or a yellow one) with a slash, you can only get 1 resource of it per turn (you choose the resource) but you cannot have both.

Yes, he can buy either one of the resources from that card.

DCG2U wrote:
5. This one is related to the Halicarnos board (the one that allows you to choose a discarded card since the beginning of the game). Let's say we all choose 1 card to play (like usual). The Halicarnos player also plays 1 card. Before starting the next turn, he decides to choose a card from the discarded pile of cards (the cards discarded when you sell it and at the end of an Age). He can choose a card from any age and play it from free. Is he allowed to do that or must he play only 1 card?

He gets his free card at the exact moment he builds that stage of his Wonder. He can't save the ability for later.
So, (assuming side A), he builds stage 2 of his wonder with 1 card, and immediately gets a free card from the discards.

DCG2U wrote:
6. What happens when there is a tie in victory points? Who wins?

The rulebook says "In case of a tie, the player with the most coins in his or her treasury is the winner. A tie on coins is not broken further."

DCG2U wrote:
7. If someone plays a card but doesn't have enough resources (neither of his neighbors have the desired resource), what does he do? Sell it, use it for his wonder or is he allowed to choose another one?

That's a misplay; an illegal choice in the first place. Just like with question #1, it is up to the playgroup how to handle it.
Technically speaking, he will need to use it for money or the wonder.

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCG2U wrote:

2. I am confused on how guild scoring cards (and some special yellow cards) works. Let's say I get Worker's Guild. I get 1 victory point for every "brown card" (we also include resource produced by your wonder).

The resource printed on the wonder doesn't count, but it sounds like you may already know that.

Quote:

5. This one is related to the Halicarnos board (the one that allows you to choose a discarded card since the beginning of the game). Let's say we all choose 1 card to play (like usual). The Halicarnos player also plays 1 card. Before starting the next turn, he decides to choose a card from the discarded pile of cards (the cards discarded when you sell it and at the end of an Age). He can choose a card from any age and play it from free. Is he allowed to do that or must he play only 1 card?

You can choose from cards that players discarded for gold in the same turn you built the wonder. If the wonder is built on the last turn of an age, you can also choose from the leftover cards discarded at the end of the age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Parsons
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Old enough to know what's right
badge
Young enough not to choose it
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
DCG2U wrote:
1. You cannot have the same card twice (cards with the same picture and name) but if someone gets it "accidently" can he pick another card or must he sell it/ use it to build a stage of his wonder?

Usually we allow "oops, let me pick another card" if the player accidentally picked a duplicate, especially if it's a new player. But technically by the rules, you have to sell/wonderize it.

We're even tougher. we make the player sell it for coins. Make your own rule for this, as you know your game group best.

jozxyqk wrote:
DCG2U wrote:
What about someone that needs 2 Wood for his card, can he buy twice my Wood or must I have 2 Wood? But what if I get 1 more Wood card on the same turn (so now I have a total of 2), can he buy my 2 Wood?

He can only buy as many wood as you have when he chooses his card. Whatever you build "this turn" is not available to him.

But note that if you build a card that gets you coins for the number of neighbours' brown cards, cards built this turn will count for that.

jozxyqk wrote:
DCG2U wrote:
4. This one is tricky. Let's say I have a resource card that "gives me" 1 Wood/ 1 Stone. Next turn, I play a card that costs 1 Stone. But my neighbor plays his card and needs 1 Wood. Can he buy 1 Wood from my resource card? Because from what I understand, when you get a resource card (or a yellow one) with a slash, you can only get 1 resource of it per turn (you choose the resource) but you cannot have both.

Yes, he can buy either one of the resources from that card.

To be clear, you can have either wood or stone. So can your neighbour, They don't have to be the same choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of resources as pre-requisites, not as things you spend. That will eliminate a lot of the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, this should be in the Rules forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
ADMIN NOTE: Moved from General to Rules forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1 and 7, those are irregularities, and irregularities are undefined in most rulebooks. The house rules I use by default are that in (1) The player can add to their wonder if someone points it out before the player looks at their next hand, otherwise it's sold for coin. In (7), they can always choose their wonder or selling for coin. There are ways to exploit these rules on purpose, but those ways are so underhanded that for those situations I prefer the house rule "I don't play casual games with angle-shooting dicks."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRonimo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you got lucky if 4 Guilds gave you so many points.

Usually guilds aren't lucrative enough to be your primary win condition. They strongly depend on what your neighbors are doing, and your neighbors know which guilds they passed to you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen

Smyrna
Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of these questions are answered in the rule book. =)

We asked many of them ourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRonimo!
mbmbmbmbmb
DCG2U wrote:

Ok, just bought 7 Wonders Cities yesterday and we had a lot of fun but I still have some questions...

8. Can you repay your debts or are you always stuck with them till the end of the game?

Debt tokens are permanent.

Quote:
What if he gets money the same turn he gets debts, can he pay them?

Losing money (and gaining Debt tokens) is the very last thing you do in the turn, so yes.

Quote:
9. What do you do with the 6 leaders cards? Because in the rule book, it never tells when to play them.

You leave them in the box until you buy the Leaders expansion.

Quote:
10. If I want to build a wonder and I don't have the resources but I buy them in the same turn, is this allowed? (ex: I need 2 Wood to build the first stage but I only have 1 but then I decide to buy 1 Wood from my neighbor).

"Buying resources" is only for immediately paying the cost of something.
You can buy resources for building steps of your Wonder just the same as you can buy them for building a card.
You decide to buy a wood from your neighbor in order to help you pay for the cost of your Wonder-step, not the other way around.

Quote:
Again, I have problems with the Halicarnnos board. He gets to pick a free card from any of the discarded right? Doesn't matter which age it is and if it was sold?

That's right. Anything that has gone to the discard pile for any reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
DCG2U wrote:

8. Can you repay your debts or are you always stuck with them till the end of the game? What if he gets money the same turn he gets debts, can he pay them?

Stuck with them.

DCG2U wrote:

9. What do you do with the 6 leaders cards? Because in the rule book, it never tells when to play them.

If you are playing with the leaders expansion of 7 wonders add them to the other leaders. If not ignore them cause you need at least 4 leaders per player in order to play with leaders.

DCG2U wrote:

10. If I want to build a wonder and I don't have the resources but I buy them in the same turn, is this allowed? (ex: I need 2 Wood to build the first stage but I only have 1 but then I decide to buy 1 Wood from my neighbor).

I have no idea what you are asking. The whole point of buying resources is so you can get resources you yourself don't currently have and use them on your builds.

DCG2U wrote:

Again, I have problems with the Halicarnnos board. He gets to pick a free card from any of the discarded right? Doesn't matter which age it is and if it was sold?

There are 2 criteria for choosing a card with Halicarnnos.
1. It must be in the discard at the end of the turn in which Halicarnnos builds its stage (so cards discarded on teh same turn that the stage is built ARE availble to be recovered.)
2. Halicarnnos cannot already have a copy of that card in its city. As long as you meet these 2 criteria than you may take the card back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCG2U wrote:
And I am surprised that Guild Cards points are counted at the end of the game! Thats so OP, got 4 of them once, trashed everybody lol!!

Note that all victory points are counted at the end of the game, I think there are some yellow cards giving victory points similar to guilds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
DCG2U wrote:

BTW Josh, I just remembered that you can't use the money you win in a turn so you can't pay in order to avoid debt.

Always comb the rules for exceptions. 7 wonders has a lot of them.

Page 4 of the English Cities rulebook

Quote:
Important : monetary losses are always resolved at the end of a turn, after players have played their cards, possibly having paid for trade and/or obtained money...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.