Alex Gilson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sirocco Roma
Wayfarer of the Winds
Unique Ability: Dust Devil
Whenever Sirocco would deal more than 4 or more damage to an opponent or switches sides with an opponent, that opponent loses 1 life and is pushed 1 space. Opponents effect's that have them switch sides do not cause this effect to trigger.
(Push effect comes after switching sides)
Styles

Hastening
Range: +0
Power: +1
Priority: -2
Start Of Beat: This attack gets 1 point of soak for each space between you and the nearest opponent.
Before activation: Advance until you are adjacent to the nearest opponent.
On damage: Pull opponent 1 space.

Vacuum
Range: +1~3
Power: -1
Priority: +0
Stun Guard 2
On Hit: Pull an opponent up to three spaces.

Derecho
Range: 2
Power: +1
Priority: +1
Reveal: The range of the base in this attack pair is 0. Opponents can not use movement effects during reveal or start of beat.

Dervish
Range: 0
Power: +0
Priority +0
Start of Beat: Advance up to 1 space.
On Hit: If you have switched sides with an opponent this round, this attack gets +0~1 range and is performed twice.

Vortex
Range: N/A
Power: N/A
Priority:-2
Soak 4
This attack does not hit or deal damage.
After Activating: Pull an opponent 1 space for each point of damage soaked this turn.

Base
Gust
Range: 0~2
Power: +3
Priority:+4
Reveal: You may ignore movement effects applied to Sirocco by an opponent this beat.
After Activating: Move 1 Space

Overdrive Finishers

The Shredding
Priority: 7
This Attack does not hit an opponent
Reveal: Instead of it's normal effect, until end of turn Dust Devil causes an opponent to become stunned and lose two life instead per activation.
Before Activating: Move up to five spaces.

Death's on the Wind
Priority: 6
Reveal: Retreat as far as possible.
After Activating: During all subsequent ante phases, chose 1; Reveal: Retreat up to 1 space, Before activating: Advance up to 1 Space, or After Activating: Move 1 space. This effect applies to your attack and a different option maybe be chose each ante.

I'm aware he's another wind themed mobility centric character but I guess I really never cared for Claus and Wyndhal.
Btw, deletedpost in dev, figured probably shouldn't get in way of ks stuff.

I'll leave him without comments for now cause I'm still not sure how I feel and have only played with him once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gale seems... kind of boring. I also think that the push effect of his UA makes him really tricky to play. He's got a lot of BA mobility, but doesn't actually have a good range rotation. A character who can control Sirroco's movement effects (like Khadath, for example) could really mess him up. But the ability IS interesting and one I would like to see explored further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Gilson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Replaced gale with two different options. I prefer derecho over easterly as it helps him build a rotation with a specific range that he will probably frequently have but I'm not sure it might not be too close to another character's skill (Heketch maybe? Don't have the box on me right now).

I'm not sure what to do against khadath specifically. Might just be a terrible mismatch? Any one who has a "ignore movement effects" "can not move past" errata isn't gonna be easy either. Gust and to a lesser extent, vaccum might be solutions to some but not perfect answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berjerber Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
the shredding seems utterly broken and needs to be toned down somewhat. i would suggest the altering of his ua on the finisher to become an after activation ability and lower the priority on it or remove the movement on it because as it is, it will just straight beat most options that people have. for example, it will straight beat any dash and attack with 7 or less priority which means that quite a few most champions simply have no way to beat it or even minimize your benefit from it. at least other finishers can be read and dashed or anything elsed but this only loses to 8+ priority attacks or a pulse. it is very similar to hepzibah's odf in its purpose and should have a similar weakness (getting stunned out of it). having the ability on reveal pretty much means that if the opponent doesn't kill you on that turn then they will probably lose and they will not be able to even attack you with a priority lower than 8.

tlr
1, lower the priority on it possibly
2, make the ability either before activation or after activation
3, remove the movement

if that nerfs it too hard, consider:
1, add some soak or stun guard
2, possibly make the movement start of beat to help it dodge

other than the finisher issue, i think he looks like a blast to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Gilson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just to be clear, Shredding and Death's on the Wind are two separate finishers. I figured I might as well give another option now that Devestation is doing that with it's characters.

It is powerful but there are a few built in downsides to help balance that. It's useless against cornered opponents. Dash will save a player against the bulk of its strength if not outright prevent it and burst will save a player in all spots but the two middle options due to it the start of beat movement. Slightly more generous spacing with the new multiplayer board but, that also comes with the ability for opponents to stop you from moving past at all. It's also life loss so it will never outright kill a player. I might end up taking off one movement but iffy on much past that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berjerber Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
PerplexedSquirrel wrote:
Just to be clear, Shredding and Death's on the Wind are two separate finishers. I figured I might as well give another option now that Devestation is doing that with it's characters.

It is powerful but there are a few built in downsides to help balance that. It's useless against cornered opponents. Dash will save a player against the bulk of its strength if not outright prevent it and burst will save a player in all spots but the two middle options due to it the start of beat movement. Slightly more generous spacing with the new multiplayer board but, that also comes with the ability for opponents to stop you from moving past at all. It's also life loss so it will never outright kill a player. I might end up taking off one movement but iffy on much past that.

i assumed as much about the two finishers. death's on the wind did not seem that broken and was just pretty strong (although wordy and complicated, but in essence just powerful and counterable at the very least).

i may have just misunderstood what the shredding does. does it not change your ua for the rest of the game? if it only changes it for the turn then i completely change my opinion about its power and think it may be underpowered if anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Gilson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, should have had a this turn errata somewhere there. I'll change that now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berjerber Sanchez
United States
California
flag msg tools
PerplexedSquirrel wrote:
Yeah, should have had a this turn errata somewhere there. I'll change that now.

ok, lol. this makes much more sense.

that said, maybe consider the permanent ua change on it since it is the kind of power you'd want in a finisher while reducing some of the other stats on it, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.