Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an FYI for those looking for colored drawstring bags for tiles to streamline setup of CoB. A few days ago I picked up these cheap canvas bags on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XDBSEW/ref=oh_details_o...

These bags are a little longer than they need to be for this game, but you get 12 bags (2 each of 6 colors). The colors also aren't a perfect match, but close enough for use with this game (yellow for knowledge, blue for ships, orange for buildings, 2 green bags for animals and castles, dark pink for goods, and we used the 2 purple bags for mines and black market tiles). You will have to ditch the insert if you add these to the box, but they sure do make setup of this game much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
The Hellfish Bonanza!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great find, thanks! The 2nd expansion tiles are just too differently colored from the base tiles for my OCD, so I need the bags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Burdett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I SHALL DESTROY ALL THE CIVILIZED PLANETS
mbmbmbmbmb
For those seeking a UK equivalent, I just ordered these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GadgetpoolUK-Luxury-Organza-Wedding-...

Small but should be enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100 bags? Post free for less than £5?

Did they arrive and are they any good? In the images they look translucent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tater Salad
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzuu wrote:

In the images they look translucent!

I've seen these about before and they most definitely are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much use for ensuring "blind draws" of tiles then.

I ordered a few bags (yellow, black, green and natural) for the tiles in The Castles of Burgundy (don't need them for Castles, River, Mines - they are all the same) from thecleverbaggers.co.uk.

They are good prices and perfect for the job (10cm x 13cm). Very pleased.

[I am not affiliated to the company or any one employed by them]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALAN FIDLER
United Kingdom
WIGAN
LANCASHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second that! These bags from 'the cleverbaggers' are absolutely perfect for the job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not in the UK, but those cleverbaggers bags do look absolutely perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzuu wrote:
... from thecleverbaggers.co.uk.

They are good prices and perfect for the job (10cm x 13cm).

Sounds a bit large, why didn't you choose the 6cm x 9cm ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Jazzuu wrote:
... from thecleverbaggers.co.uk.

They are good prices and perfect for the job (10cm x 13cm).

Sounds a bit large, why didn't you choose the 6cm x 9cm ?

They would be too small for the 40 tiles (black and buildings) - as it is they are quite packed.

Also I can get my hand into the slightly larger bags! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Vermillion
SD
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrblueesq wrote:
You will have to ditch the insert if you add these to the box, but they sure do make setup of this game much easier.

I managed to get these in here with the insert too! Attached is my setup.

I really like it! This works a lot better than using little zip-loc baggies like I was before, and it looks a lot nicer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow -- Nicely done!! I think I need to re-evaluate my setup. Good thing I just put the insert in the closet, and not the trash can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Ward
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to find some cloth bags in the wedding section at a local Michaels store. I'm not seeing them on the Michaels website but the packaging says "Celebrate IT - Muslin Treat Bags". 12 bags for $5.99, 3" x 4", canvas/beige color.

I have everything bagged separately except for workers, silverlings, and bonus tiles, those are kept in a separate clear baggie. Since they are all the same color I used colored sharpies to write the name (Buildings, Ships, Mines, etc) on each bag. Everything fits using the original insert, I'm pretty happy with this solution.

They look sort of like this except for the colors and custom printing, this is the closest I could find:

http://pinterest.com/pin/69524387967046103/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered eight bags from here. The 3x4 size fits extremely well in the box (with the insert!) and the colors match great--Hydra Green, Goblin Green, Unicorn Tan, Silver Dragon, Blue Dragon, Black Dragon, Cockatrice Yellow, and White Dragon (for the resources) are the colors I got, and they match the tiles nicely.

I actually found them originally on the "Last Stand Convertibles" website (who make the bags) but couldn't get their online shopping cart to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I notice a number of the colors are now out of stock in the 3x4 size- do you think the 4x6 size would work acceptable?

(I wonder which colors would be best for Bora Bora too...)

Alea, next time just add $5 to the cost and throw in the bags
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
Turtle Power
badge
all the way down
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I notice a number of the colors are now out of stock in the 3x4 size- do you think the 4x6 size would work acceptable?

That depends on your tolerance for bags that are mostly empty, I guess. I imagine the 4x6 bags will fit in the box, and many of the bags I see people using around here are at least that size.

I don't think I would have been as satisfied with the larger bags though--the smaller bags really are a perfectly-sized and attractive solution. If you can't find them elsewhere, you might try contacting the manufacturer. It feels, intuitively, like there ought to be plenty of places to get "dice" bags like this in a wide enough variety of colors to accommodate CoB, but these were the only ones I could find online.

EDIT: I've posted two pictures:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Stand's cart only seems to work if you set up an account, which is just a username/combo with a optional mailing list email. It wouldn't let me add anything until I logged in, worked fine and they just take PayPal once you submit your order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Scott
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also couldn't get Last Stand's cart to work, so I got my bags from the Hoard O Bits eBay store, here: http://stores.ebay.com/Hoard-O-Bits/_i.html?_nkw=last+stand+....

I would recommend getting the Black Dragon and Unicorn Tan bags in 4x6. Those are pretty tight in the 3x4, and since the tiles need to be randomized I feel that there's not enough space in the smaller bags to shuffle just by shaking (plus there's barely room for finger-stirring). Maybe the White Dragon (resources) bag as well, but those are easy enough to dump and shuffle on the table for one-time setup.

Everything fits so well using the 3x4 bags and a Plano 3448 for some other in-game components that the central well in the insert is empty. Some larger bags would definitely fit with ease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Scott
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to get some bags for a different game so I went ahead and got the tan, black, yellow, and white bags in 4x6. They all still fit nicely back into the insert and leave plenty of room for in-bag shuffling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Now, which colors best match Bora Bora...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hate sounding like an advertiser, but a site I stumbled upon thecleverbaggers.co.uk had some large variey of pretty plain cotton drawstring bags, too bad not all colors I could find, but there were many of them to choose from. There is a nice 10x13 cm one, a bit small to fits all tiles nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.