Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei P
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Bang a couple of times at a friend's house, liked it enough to order myself a copy. It arrived this week and I am planning to have a game session tonight (with my family).

I havent played Bang enough to make any balancing calls, but from reseach it looks like "Wild West Show" which is not part of the Bullet is basically broken with how powerful some of the characters are. This makes me not interested in in that expansion at all.

I was wondering if The Bullet has any cards/characters that are generally agreed upon for not being well balanced in relation to other cards/characters and should be taken out?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry.
Wild West Show is intended to be a bit unbalanced and crazy.
I see nothing to change in the Bullet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I've played with Bullet a number of times now and it is very much a mix-n-match type of expansion release. I'm not sure if I'd recommend using all expansions at once but rather add ones in once at a time, find out which ones you like and play with those.

Dodge City: We typically always play with this one and it's the easiest to add. However, since there are more miss and regen cards in Dodge, it does make for a longer game which, IMO, adds a bit to the strategy but it can also end up sucking for anyone eliminated.

High Noon and A Fistful of Cards: We rarely play with these and they tend to introduce more chaos and luck into the game than anything else.
Fistfull is the more aggressive of the two and has the theme of higher hits and card draws. If anything, Fistful might help balancing out Dodge by shortening the game back.
High Noon tends to be more defensive, lowering the hits or increasing life gen and otherwise doing weird stuff that may or may not affect the game at all (all cards are spades, counter clockwise, etc.) I don't like High Noon that much.

Powerful cards:
Broken is a bad word to describe anything and especially in bang the strategy is mostly in cooperating with the other people on your side in an attempt to win, but it is also already heavily dependant on luck. It's also suppose to be a quick game which is why the luck factor is acceptable. Here are the obvious power cards...

Inferno: The "I win" card for many and possibly my favorite card in the game. Ironically, this is also a high strategy card as often it's important to hold this card for the right moment.

Pony Express: A very powerful card, especailly if it draws a stagecoach or visa versa. Definately not "broken" but a huge advantage to whoever draws it.

Molly Stark/Suzy Lafyette: The card draw potential combos well with a lot of cards and makes them fairly deadly and defensive at the same time.

Joudonnais: behind a barrel, he's the hardest person to hit ever. Not an expansion character though.

Elena Fuente: Very difficult to kill, if the sheriff gets this character it's pretty much an autowin.

Calamity Janet: Not as powerful as Elena but for whatever reason my group thinks she's broken. Fairly powerful imo.

Willy the Kid: A character with a built in inferno, probably the most powerful character in the game. He's in the base game though so he's there, Bullet or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.