BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I read in one of the posts here that there is a planned 2nd edition for this game. As i am interested in getting the complete package from the Devastation KS, i want to know if i should just wait for the 2nd ed instead of pledging now? What changes are being planned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd edition won't happen for a while, 1st edition has to sell out. Level 99 then has to acquire enough funds to and ensure a large enough audience to buy it, possibly another Kickstarter itself. Also, Brad said that they would have to get Nokomento to do the art to match Devastation and that it took Nokomento about a year to do it for Devastation. So at best a 2nd edition would be a year out from being prototype ready.

Hope that helps and happy backing, we could use all the help we can get to get those extra stretch goals (which are looking awesome). laugh

Oh and PS Devestation seems to have so much more game then War that I do not think you will regret your decision if you decide to back it. Tons of bosses, new modes, more interesting characters, a huge board, hit point trackers.

AND I LOVE WAR!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in monster.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the rumored stretch goals for the Devastation of Indines Kickstarter was a possible update patch kit for War of Indines. I cannot verify if the rumor is true, but it would be nice if it could happen with enough funding.

Edit: Also, as far as changes between a possible first and second edition, the core of the game will not change. What a second edition would possibly add would be a second finisher for each character, maybe a couple of balance changes, and new art. So the first edition would not be completely obsolete, especially if you enjoy the current boss modes (which I do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it'd probably fix up some of the wording, implement all balance changes, add color to the Triggers, redo all of the art, add a second Overdrive Finish, and if we're really really really lucky, get some new Bosses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely considering getting this game, as i'm ok with upgrade packs to errata some old cards. I just really hate buying something and then finding out a new edition will come out with changes that makes my brand new game obsolete! Hahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I can't find the original post but either here or on Kickstarter Brad recently mentioned that all backers of Devestation will get a 1E upgrade kit containing an extra super move for each character and some updated cards for moves that needed rebalancing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:
I'm afraid I can't find the original post but either here or on Kickstarter Brad recently mentioned that all backers of Devestation will get a 1E upgrade kit containing an extra super move for each character and some updated cards for moves that needed rebalancing.

I can confirm this here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good to reiterate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.