Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Card types - how many (so far) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
First of all ... Gelukkig nieuw jaar!

I was soaking in the bath when I suddenly thought about all the different types of card there might be. How many? What are they? I know that there are cards which are more than one, but it's the basic elements, about which I was pondering:
In no particular order ...

Treasure
Victory
Action
Curse
Prize
Ruin
Shelter
Reaction
Duration
Knight

That makes 10, which was my first instinct for the how many question.

What have I omitted?

In the meantime, have a happy new year, much dominioning and can't wait for guilds!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rekinom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Potion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
rekinom wrote:
Potion?

Potion is a Treasure, not a separate type of card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorDay wrote:
Treasure
Victory
Action
Curse
Prize
Ruin
Shelter
Reaction
Duration
Knight

Well, it's Ruins, not Ruin, and you left out Attack and Looter. But I think that's it, not including Guilds, which may or may not have additional types.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
thanks for that ... you are right, I was just being lazy omitting the 's's after Ruin and I totally forgot about including Attack and Looter ... which makes 12 now ... until we get guilded [or is it gilt ... or just plain guilt, but we can repent of those; surely!]

Treasure
Victory
Action
Curse
Prize
Ruins
Shelter
Reaction
Duration
Knights
Attack
Looter

a Blwyddwyn Newydd Dda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorDay wrote:
... which makes 12 now ... until we get guilded [or is it gilt ... or just plain guilt, but we can repent of those; surely!

As long is it isn't gelded, I'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
good thinking ... they say that it can make you hoarse ... !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
TrevorDay wrote:
Treasure
Victory
Action
Curse
Prize
Ruin
Shelter
Reaction
Duration
Knight

Well, it's Ruins, not Ruin, and you left out Attack and Looter. But I think that's it, not including Guilds, which may or may not have additional types.

Since we are getting particular about spelling, should we also note that it should be "Action-Attack" instead of "Attack" since it's predominately posted as such on the cards? :D

And since we are doing "Action-Attack" we must be compelled to post "Action-Attack-Knight", "Action Reaction" and "Action-Attack-Looter"...

See what genie you let out of that lamp? lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebathius wrote:
Since we are getting particular about spelling, should we also note that it should be "Action-Attack" instead of "Attack" since it's predominately posted as such on the cards?

Each card type is distinct. For example, Moat says, "When another player plays an Attack card," not "When another player plays an Action-Attack card." A card can have multiple types, and so far all Attack cards are also Action cards, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be so. Plus, some have a third type and one even has a fourth type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Eve
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
jeffwolfe wrote:
Sebathius wrote:
Since we are getting particular about spelling, should we also note that it should be "Action-Attack" instead of "Attack" since it's predominately posted as such on the cards?

Each card type is distinct. For example, Moat says, "When another player plays an Attack card," not "When another player plays an Action-Attack card." A card can have multiple types, and so far all Attack cards are also Action cards, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be so. Plus, some have a third type and one even has a fourth type.

You were the one who made that "guess cards from Dark Ages" contest weren't you? You should make a contest to come up with a Treasure/Attack card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammerite wrote:
You were the one who made that "guess cards from Dark Ages" contest weren't you?

That wasn't me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.