5 Posts

Dominion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Throne room with durations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
There may have been a posting already, in which case just aim me there.
Question: if one throne rooms (or kings courts) a duration card does the effect of double or triple continue at the start of the next turn, or is it just duration card on its own as a single action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked the rules. Yes, you get the effect twice/triple on the next turn too.
Edit: also, if you throne room a duration, the throne room also stays in play until you discard the duration from play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just keep the Throne Room with the Duration card to indicate that they went together.

Also, be careful -- Throne Room does not double the effects of a card. It causes it to be played twice in a row. This can be a significant difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TrevorDay wrote:
There may have been a posting already, in which case just aim me there.
Question: if one throne rooms (or kings courts) a duration card does the effect of double or triple continue at the start of the next turn, or is it just duration card on its own as a single action?

DC's answered this but just to chime in a little more useful (but potentially confusing!) information: If you throne room a throne room, and use that to play two durations, you keep out the last throne room with both durations with it. Essentially the rule is, if you play modifiers (Throne Room, King's Court, Procession) with a duration card, keep out the modifier which directly played that card or those cards. Note in particular I've included Procession here [If you don't have Dark Ages and dislike your brain exploding you can stop reading here], but Procession trashes any card it plays. Well, you still keep it out, as it's still modifying a duration that's doing something the next turn (possibly even more than one, in fact).

Throne rooms and durations are a little confusing, for sure, but if you're careful, it should be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
Note in particular I've included Procession here [If you don't have Dark Ages and dislike your brain exploding you can stop reading here], but Procession trashes any card it plays. Well, you still keep it out, as it's still modifying a duration that's doing something the next turn (possibly even more than one, in fact).

On the other hand, if you like having your head explode:
Play Band of Misfits as Procession. Play Band of Misfits as Caravan twice. Trash Band of Misfits as Caravan. Gain Border Village. Gain Band of Misfits. Play Graverobber. Gain Band of Misfits from trash and put it on top of your deck. Play Great Hall. Play Band of Misfits as Fishing Village. Next turn: try to remember why you have two Band of Misfits in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.