Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
229 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG News

Subject: BGG Secret Santa 2012 Wrap Up - Santas, Grinches, and recruiting Volunteers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy New Year, everyone!

It's time to wrap-up the 2012 BGG Secret Santa - our biggest exchange to date!

If you sent your target a gift - Hooray! Good job, Santa! Hold onto all of your purchase and shipping info - these documents will absolve you of any further action in case something went wrong.

If you received a gift from Santa - Hooray! please go thank your Santa on the Secret Santa Geeklist: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/149339/2012-edition-of... if you haven't already.

If you still haven't received a gift, or have another complaint - go to the BGG Secret Santa 2012 Complaint Form, fill in the required info and click Submit. Most Santas use tracking and delivery confirmation, so we can track down what happened with your gift. If your Santa was actually a Grinch, we'll get you a new one.

If you haven't sent a gift to your target - expect to hear from me soon. Folks who fail to follow through on their Santa obligations will have a number of site functions disabled.

If you want to volunteer as a replacement Santa - you are the best kind of awesome! The generosity of our replacement Santas is what makes this exchange work and represents the best parts of our community! Register to replace an absent Santa here: 2012 Secret Santa - Replacement Santa Sign-up (If you already signed up as a Give Only Santa at the start of the exchange, you do not need to register again using this form).

Thanks again to everyone for making 2012 an awesome year on the Geek! Here is to an even greater 2013! And a very special thank you once more to our army of replacement Santas!!! You guys rock!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job running the show, Octavian - it was my first year on the 'Geek and made for an epic finish. Thanks for the fun, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Syroit
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for organizing this event. It was my first ans sure won't be my last Secret Santa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Advance thumbs for the super-santas:

mb

This reminds me, I need to post my thank-you on the list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian, as always, fantastic job. BGGSS is something I REALLY look forward to every year, and it's always great.

Thank you for everything you do to keep this running. I know I couldn't do it.

You, sir, rock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly- great job!
I did this for the first time, but it won't be the last time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
^___^
Italy
Monestirolo
Ferrara (FE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone, Secret Santa is always my favourite event here on BGG.

I'd love to give some help as Volunteer, sadly i'm a little broke for this month so... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rule of Three
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was an amazing event for me and again, I wish to thank my Santa for his awesomeness.

I also wish to thank our beloved Octavian for organizing this monumental event! Great times!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of the grinches losing some site functions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your hard work on this Mr Octavian.

This was my first BGG Secret Santa and it will definitely not be my last. Everything went smoothly for me as I got my gift well in advance of Christmas and my target has posted already to say they were very pleased with their haul from me.

Happy new year to you all!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."
badge
"Ten percent of nothin' is ... let me do the math here ... nothin' into nothin' ... carry the nothin' ..."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt and all participants! thumbsup

Despite not receiving anything as of yet, I'm glad most people enjoyed this event. It really is a good time.

Matt - I've submitted the requested information and await further news... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gnech
United States
Harrisburg
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likewise here, Bob. My geeklist was pretty much all pre-orders when secret santa started, but almost everything was released (and has been for a few weeks now).

It's always a fun event, especially when Santa taunting goes on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Winterrowd
United States
Bluffton
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for running this show! My first year, and it was a blast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Mckinnon
Mexico
Naucalpan
Estado de Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to offer my thanks too. It's my first time and a great experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Travers
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard from my Santa on the 22nd for the first, and only so far, time. Santa said something about elves from the States after the 26th (I was out of town from the 21st to the 26th). I have heard nothing, and not received anything.

Should I use the complaint form or wait longer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
Filled up the form, thanks Octavian.

No communication at all from my SS, not sure if a package was delivered while I was on vacation or not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Alvarez
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the absolute last we should expect to recieve things? I haven't gotten mine, but given where I live, I wasn't really expecting to get the present in time for christmas, or even new year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Monkey
United States
Highland Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Octavian for all of your time and effort in running this event. It was my first time participating and it was a great experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
punga wrote:
When is the absolute last we should expect to recieve things? I haven't gotten mine, but given where I live, I wasn't really expecting to get the present in time for christmas, or even new year.

Go ahead and fill out the Complaint form anyways. If something is on the way, I can remove it from the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary C
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian,

Thank you once again for a job well done!

Happy New Year,
Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredyth
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
It was my first SS this year. I had so much fun and everything ran so smoothly, I just signed up to be a replacement Santa!

This was so much fun and I can't wait for next year. (Or giving to someone who got grinched - whatever comes first )

Great job, Octavian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
Brighton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
punga wrote:

My feeling: Given that targets were handed out in mid-November, people should have had plenty of time to get gifts sent out, no matter what part of the world.

Since the form has been posted, I'd say that if you've not received a gift, you should fill out said form right away. I suspect Octavian (or his elves) contacts each of the wayward Santas to find out what's going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Another awesome year. Thanks to everyone for making it so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Alvarez
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carl67lp wrote:

My feeling: Given that targets were handed out in mid-November, people should have had plenty of time to get gifts sent out, no matter what part of the world.

Since the form has been posted, I'd say that if you've not received a gift, you should fill out said form right away. I suspect Octavian (or his elves) contacts each of the wayward Santas to find out what's going on.

Yeah, but postal services are fickle beasts. I sent mine out at the end of November, and it still hasn't reached my target, even though the store and the target are in the same country. I don't think my target has forgotten to let me know, as we established good communication, and the non-board game gifts arrived just fine. While I haven't heard from my Santa, except once, it's feasible that it wasn't his fault, but rather the postal service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
My Santa contacted me a week ago, saying that due to unfortunate events, work on my gifts had been delayed but all systems are go now. Given that kind of encouragement, I have no reason to fill out the form yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.