Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Now is your chance to help bring a great game (with beautiful art and great components) to life.

11 more $55 backers to fund.

Pirates v Dinosaurs

Pledge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Don't let this game slip by!
Ok, you talked me into it. I'm a sucker for Josh Cappel's art and I like the theme and gameplay sounds fun. So I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y. Chung
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Don't let this game slip by!
Welcome to the club Scott! I'm also a backer and excited to see this game come out. Lets keep spreading the word for this final stretch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 8 SHORT days left!
This is great, guys! The upgraded components should make the game EVEN BETTER!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 8 SHORT days left!
8 days left and 47%. It's a tough crawl up to 100% but I'll keep my fingers crossed!

One problem is that people think it won't make it so don't bother to back it, even if they are interested. I also do think the timing was poor with both the holidays and KS fatigue. I know I've backed a dizzying amount of KS projects in 2012 and definitely have KS fatigue myself so that was the original reason I didn't back it. But thought I'd help out just in case since I like to see small publishers succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 7 SHORT days left!
Only 197 more pledges at $55 will bring the game home!

Spread the word.
Up your pledge.
Thumb images in the gallery.
Share the KickStarter Page on your social media.
Thumb the Contest Thread on the BGG home page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 7 SHORT days left!
I just did it. Looking forward to this game. Crossing my fingers that it gets funded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 6 SHORT days left!
Me too!

6 days left to pledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Manning
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
designer
err... I like boardgames!?!
badge
D'oh! I bought overtext even though I have nothing interesting to say.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 6 SHORT days left!
It seems like a cool game (or at least a cool concept), but I'm reluctant to back for a myriad of reasons.

Firstly, I'm a little confused by the KS campaign - they've been taking pre-orders for this for well over a year before the campaign started, and the game has had some decent exposure on BGG in that time. Is the Kickstarter make-or-break for this game? Why turn to kickstarter now?

I'm also a little nonplussed by the artwork. I own a couple of pirate-themed games already; Pirate's Cove and Jamaica have wonderfully evocative artwork, and some parts of Sword & Skull and Rum & Pirates are decent too. But the board for PvD doesn't work for me on the same level. I honestly have difficulty visualizing it as an island, because the lack of detail in the jungle makes it look like a patch of grass to me. Too bad I got told the artwork was final when I suggested some small improvements...

Lastly, the timing for the campaign isn't great. At another time of year, I might be willing to gamble $70 on a game based purely on some sample artwork and the reputation of the designer, but it's after Christmas, money is tight, and there's a bunch of other games coming into stock about which I know fr more details and am more likely to buy.

I suspect I'm not alone in my sentiments. Well under 200 backers at the time of writing suggests there's not a lot of enthusiasm for this game anymore, and the cynic in me is wondering whether the exceptionally bad timing of the KS campaign after a lengthy pre-order window is their way of quietly burying the game without looking like jerks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad the game is confined within the States, placing an embargo elsewhere (like the UK, where I live).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to the pre-final Pirates vs Dinosaurs rules is HERE:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86206/pirates-vs-dinosaurs...

If you like what you see, please click through and back the kickstarter campaign HERE:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649598142/pirates-vs-di...

Thanks!

~Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y. Chung
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We're seeing some nice momentum heading into the last few days of this campaign. We just need to continue this for the next 4 days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 4 SHORT days left!
4 days left!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
Wales
Conwy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Don't let this game slip by! 4 SHORT days left!
Echtalion wrote:
Too bad the game is confined within the States, placing an embargo elsewhere (like the UK, where I live).

There is a $75 level where they will ship to the UK IIRC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bones5 wrote:
Echtalion wrote:

There is a $75 level where they will ship to the UK IIRC

Yes there are a few International levels. Not sure where the "embargo" idea came from but please take another look!

International levels

$70: One copy with shipping
$100: One "Limited Edition" copy with shipping
$135: Two copies with shipping
$275: Six copies with shipping (Canada and Europe)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649598142/pirates-vs-di...

Thanks!

~Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y. Chung
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Guys,

We just had our biggest day in funding... around $2,000. Awesome!! In the last 3 days, we've had about $3,600 in funding. As most KS campaigns have their best days at the end, I'm pretty sure we can make it!

Three more days of $2,100 per day and we will all be happy campers...

KEEP SPREADING THE WORD!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Pirates-Dinosaurs-Haunted Treasure! Only 3 days left!
Only 97 more $55 pledges to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm annoyed that it still isn't clear whether or not those of us who have pre-ordered this from Jolly Roger LONG before the Kickstarter will get any Kickstarter bonuses or not, or if we're supposed to cancel our Jolly Roger pre-orders and switch to a Kickstarter backer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm annoyed that it still isn't clear whether or not those of us who have pre-ordered this from Jolly Roger LONG before the Kickstarter will get any Kickstarter bonuses or not, or if we're supposed to cancel our Jolly Roger pre-orders and switch to a Kickstarter backer.

While I am not the publisher, I assure you that pre-orders will get the KickStarter stuff. I will confirm with Jim (and I am sure he will agree, he has just a lot of family priorities right now), but if I have to take less royalties I will make sure you all get the KickStarter stuff. You ave my word on that.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Awesome!

I preordered AND Kickstarted, so that's fantastic news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Goodman
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinned on Pinterest, tweeted, and posted on Facebook. I think I've got a local friend in too so I can up my pledge to $100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the spirit! If everyone who's already backed just reaches out to a friend or three, we'll hit funding no problem!

~Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:

People who preordered will get the game--and if any additions are in the 'standard' game, those are included no problem.

If 'bonuses' are limited to KS supporters only (things at the $100+ level essentially), those are for KS supporters only.

As Richard noted--I've been dealing with some family stuff. So I apologize for a tardy response--but I will ALWAYS put family first (and would expect that of each and every person reading this!!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a backer now! I really hope this funds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, what was the pre-order price for this??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.