Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
BoardGameGeek
143 Android: Netrunner::MICEB2B.CAT by byronczimmer
69 Mage Knight Board Game::Understanding your decisions: Going from Beginner to Competent. by Alex Brown
67 Mage Knight Board Game::Understanding your decisions: from Competent to Expert. by Alex Brown
65 Eclipse::Some strategy tips for galactic conquest by Riku Riekkinen
65 Merchants & Marauders::So, You want to be a Pirate? A Merchants & Marauder's Strategy Guide by Yoren
63 Mage Knight Board Game::Wisdom From Several Plays by ignorantpenguin
61 Combat Commander: Europe::Thoughts on Defensive Set-up by HarlemMimeSchool
56 High Frontier::Peet's Guide to Sailing the Solar System. by drpetrov
50 Hawaii::Some thoughts on Tactics after 70 plays by Sorp222
50 Star Wars: The Card Game::Thoughts On Gameplay by PBrennan
48 Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game::Basic deck building for new players by dboeren
47 The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game::An Analysis on the Heroes of Middle-Earth: For Inexperienced Adventurers by cordeirooo
46 The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game::Deck Building Principles by camipco
46 Suburbia::Interactivity in Suburbia...what the rules don't tell you by toulouse
45 Panic Station::How To: Tips and Strategies to Teach Panic Station - and the Problems it has... by Dumon
44 Commands & Colors: Ancients::STRATEGY - The Dead Card by goshublue
41 Hanabi & Ikebana::The Elusive 25 point Game - Tips for effective Hanabi play by rhitmojo
40 Android: Netrunner::Overview of Threat Assesment against Electronic and Virtual Assets, Weyland Corporation internal report by byronczimmer
40 Dominant Species::8 Strategy Rules by Gamer_Dog
40 Eclipse::An Eclipse Military Primer by tranenturm
39 Eclipse::An Eclipse Economic Primer by tranenturm
36 Middle-Earth Quest::The abstract of 70+ plays by Makis mou
36 Android: Netrunner::Thoughts on every RUNNER card! by Alexfrog
35 Virgin Queen::Strategy advice for all powers by Will W
35 The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game::Hammer & Anvil 2.0 - Build your own decks by sirprim
35 Eclipse::Resource distribution in Eclipse by Shandor
34 Terra Mystica::Thoughts on strategy and game balance by Uncle G
32 Le Havre::Some Thoughts about the Strategy by Jingking
32 The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game::"Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe!" A versatile, winning Two-Hero deck by xanalor
31 Eclipse::How to Make Orbitals Work by Eu8L1ch
30 Founding Fathers::Analyzing the Bejeebers out of Founding Fathers by DangerDon
29 Eclipse::An Eclipse Exploration Primer by tranenturm
29 Panzer (second edition)::How NOT to play Panzer by InvisibleRobots
29 Android: Netrunner::The State of the Netrunner Metagame: Expansion 1: What Lies Ahead. by Alexfrog
28 Android: Netrunner::Thoughts on every CORP card! by Alexfrog
28 Eclipse::Pre-emptive Strike - how to win the war with weaker ships by Aselan
28 Android: Netrunner::Practices to Help Beginner Runners by FileAccess
28 High Frontier::Building the Perfect Rocket by Gryfon
27 Cyclades: Hades::Hades Expansion and the Main Gods by Califax
27 Android: Netrunner::Thoughts on advancing agendas by hollis
27 1989: Dawn of Freedom::Strategy Tips for the Revolutionary by 1989Game
26 Android: Netrunner::Beginning Runner Advice Needed by karat
25 Urban Sprawl::After 3 plays, some things I've learned. by tehgr8supa
25 Android: Netrunner::Practices to Help Beginner Corporations by FileAccess
25 Eminent Domain::Advanced Strategy: Roles by Alex Brown
25 Sentinels of the Multiverse::Flamethrower49's Directory to the Multiverse by Flamethrower49
24 CO₂::One sentence random tips to get advantages in CO2. (Attention - spoiler) by newrev
24 A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)::Lannister Strategy to Victory - How to Completely Destroy Greyjoy Fleet by 1awesomeguy
23 Summoner Wars::Competitive Faction Breakdown - Phoenix Elves (Part 1) by thenightsshadow
23 Virgin Queen::Early game Spanish strategy by Will W
23 Village::Awseome game with lots of potential for strategy by Pedrator
23 Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization::A different take on how to improve your game or maybe just blantant plagurism of other's ideas. by Scoves
23 Pax Porfiriana::An introductory strategy guide to Pax Porfiriana by Sancherib
23 High Frontier::High Frontier Auction Strategy by Gryfon
22 Dune::Tactical significance of strongholds in Dune by vonklaude
22 A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)::A Collection of Opening Moves and First Round Strategies by Tuzzo90
22 Stone Age::Stone Age Economic 101 - turning pips into resources by JasonC
22 Virgin Queen::Can Spain win on its very first card play? by Will W
21 Macao::My Thoughts and Strategy for Macao by CarlG
21 Android: Netrunner::Turn 1: Learning about your Opponent by hollis
21 Here I Stand::Top 5 cards in Here I Stand by Will W
21 Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization::Common Flaws in BGO Play (high * rated games) by supertris
20 Virgin Queen::Advice for new players. by smckenzie
20 Android: Netrunner – What Lies Ahead::Initial Thoughts/Ratings on all cards from What Lies Ahead expansion! by Alexfrog
20 Kaispeicher::So, You're New to This Job? Here's What You're Learning the First Day. by ravenskana
20 Pax Porfiriana::Pax Porfiriana Property Portfolio by qwertymartin
20 Star Trek: Fleet Captains::Klingon Strategy - Some Basics by RogueThirteen
20 Catacombs::My son's first post -- thoughts and strategies on this great game by Oldman20
19 Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game::Call of Cthulhu Deckbuilding Example #1 (Hastur/Yog) by dboeren
19 Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)::What's in a character, 2nd Ed. by Jackwraith
19 Horus Heresy::A list of strategy and tips for begginers by Martin518
18 Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)::Probabilities of succeeding an attribute test by Nanokae
18 Eclipse::The math of Plasma Missiles, or How I learned to stop worrying and love the missile by djc6535
18 Napoleon's Triumph::Initial setup by nappeto
18 Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game::Great demo game setup, 1 core only! by Hdnggrnchrg
18 The Manhattan Project::Non-comprehensive strategy guide by spartax
18 Android: Netrunner::Defragging the Core - Top Core Set Cards by Netrunning
18 The Castles of Burgundy::The Common Strategy & The Knowledge Tiles Combination by vardamir
17 Twilight Struggle::Using the Space Race in Twilight Struggle by TwoShedsJackson
17 Paths of Glory::PoG Events - The Rare Ones by Robert Lloyd
17 A Few Acres of Snow::Possible fixes for the HH by longball
17 Dominion::A Beginners Guide to Dominion by sybrwookie
17 Lords of Waterdeep::Basic strategy advice for beginners by Trantor42
17 Virgin Queen::How to thwart early Spanish military victories? by Will W
17 Twilight Struggle::Turn1 USSR Action Round 1: Coup Italy by HeyJoe
17 Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943::Tips for new players.... by charlescab
17 Ninjato::Ninja Preparation and Focus by thanospkc
16 Seasons::Strategy Guide by Altereds
16 7 Wonders::Advanced Strategy Guide with a Perspective on Drafting by drunkenKOALA
16 Eclipse::Dreadnought is almost always the first ship you should build, heres why by bmeyer
16 Android: Netrunner::My OCTGN tourney 1st place decklists (HB / Gabe) by Malefact
16 Mage Knight Board Game::Mage Knight Puzzle by Calpurnio
16 Ora et Labora::Broad strategies for OeL by Boots01
16 High Frontier::Lost in Space - Destinations in High Frontier by Gryfon
16 Eclipse::Exploiting and Exterminating your way to Victory with the Eridani by dtolman
16 Belfort::Under the Hood: Belfort by sedjtroll
16 Android: Netrunner::Updated Card ratings! by Alexfrog
15 Trajan::A strategical analysis of how to win Trajan by zlorfik
15 Super Dungeon Explore::Chibi-Men: First Class - A Strategy Guide for Heroes by Styfen
15 Ora et Labora::Opening Strategy: the False Lighthouse rush by jhagen1908

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's surprising to me that only one strategy article in 2012 received over 100 thumbs.

Thank you and congrats to all authors of these top strategy articles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Piefer
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the low number of thumbs is because Aldie counted the thumbs on the thread rather than the thumbs on the actual post. I'm more likely to thumb the post rather than the thread topic. Perhaps I need to change my practice.
As a humble observation, there always seems to be more thumbs on the post than the thread topic... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
Greece
Thessaloniki
Catatonic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
integrase wrote:
I wonder if the low number of thumbs is because Aldie counted the thumbs on the thread rather than the thumbs on the actual post. I'm more likely to thumb the post rather than the thread topic. Perhaps I need to change my practice.
As a humble observation, there always seems to be more thumbs on the post than the thread topic... whistle

Exactly that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
The eyes of despair
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For most of those articles thanks for the strategy guide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The thumb-count that 'counts' is clearly the thumbs on the thread, and not the first-article thumbs.

For longer articles, it is more likely that the reader will thumb the first post as opposed to the thread (which is all the way back at the top of the thread!)

I'm happy to have the top article (it took a while to craft it). The gap from first to second is... substantial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategy Articles also don't have the thumb power of Sessions or Reviews due to not having a first page box for them. The only folks who see them are the ones going into the game page itself. It's unfortunate as my favorite forum topic is strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
Strategy Articles also don't have the thumb power of Sessions or Reviews due to not having a first page box for them. The only folks who see them are the ones going into the game page itself. It's unfortunate as my favorite forum topic is strategy.

This needs to change!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jumbit wrote:
tranenturm wrote:

This needs to change!

But I don't want to change my favorite forum topic!

Oh all right.

I guess I'll take rules instead. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fen
Wales
Cardiff
The Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo I just made it on the list. Hooray! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a metalist of these articles? I'd like to Quickbar all the Top Lists to look at some of them at leisure, but the QB's kinda full. (I'll be happy to make one if there's not, but my Search Fu is weak.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carmilla wrote:
Is there a metalist of these articles? I'd like to Quickbar all the Top Lists to look at some of them at leisure, but the QB's kinda full. (I'll be happy to make one if there's not, but my Search Fu is weak.)

At the top is a link for Bookmark. This bookmarks the thread for you in you "My Geek" area saving Browser bookmark room (and being computer independent for that matter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya learn new things every day! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.