Subject: Are workers unlimited? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonardo Pereyra
Argentina
Ciudad de Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last game, several players decided not to use the chieftains to generate clansmen and the problem was that we had not workers to enter when we placed new villages.

And the question is: Are workers unlimited?

Thanks for your answers!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are more workers than there are villages+castles, so I'm not sure how this even happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ax is right. There are 5 starting villages, 5 level one villages, 3 level two villages, 3 level three villages, and 7 castles (plus 1 for Castle Stalker if you want a physical piece) for total of 24 chieftains. My game came with 25 chieftains. So you should have enough.

But if you don't have least 24 chieftains, then yes, there is no limit to the number chieftains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laudemar gonzalez
Canada
toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Do you understand the rule?

IF you have activated a village, INSTEAD of moving a clansman you may promote him to chief by REMOVING HIM from your tableau.

You do NOT use a clansman/worker from the general supply pile to create your chief. You must sacrifice one of those that you have in play on your tableau.

THAT'S why it's "painful" to create chiefs (you will probably lose tile-placement options) and also why it's mostly done near the end of the game, especially if you're playing with Lock Oich (everyone does, of course, but I choose not to because I think it's too powerful) which activates all your villages.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Pereyra
Argentina
Ciudad de Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Whenever a player adds a village or castle tile to his display, he inmediatly takes 1 clan member from the supply and adds it to the tile...

Additionally, the player gets 1 movement point for each gray tile that is activated (including the one just placed)...

if gray tile is activated, only generates movement points, but does not rebuild workers?

soblue If so, we played bad... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangelurbano wrote:
Quote:
Whenever a player adds a village or castle tile to his display, he inmediatly takes 1 clan member from the supply and adds it to the tile...

Additionally, the player gets 1 movement point for each gray tile that is activated (including the one just placed)...

if gray tile is activated, only generates movement points, but does not rebuild workers?

soblue If so, we played bad... soblue

Yes. You only generate workers the turn you place the tile...

no wonder you ran out of workers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcangelurbano wrote:
Quote:

:soblue: If so, we played bad... :soblue:

It's the difference between icon in the middle and on the right.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.