Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
On Polish Robinson Crusoe forum there was great idea introduced - players write how they... didn't make it in Robinson!

Stories like: 'I ate Wild berries and later on I got Nausea as a consequences... Because of that Morale dropped down and first player had not Determination left... and died...'

You have some dreadful stories too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Choo
Malaysia
Bayan Lepas
Penang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
De-moralised by nausea (diahorrea? ). What a dreadful way to end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
After being a nervous wreck for two weeks.....
badge
I can finally exhale!! THIS TEAM!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My judgment clouded by the icy winds and the knowledge that the last ship would soon leave, if we were not able to somehow drag that huge mast out of the surf, I went hunting for what I thought would be a Tapir. Well, the gorilla it turned out to be, did not take kindly t being poked with our puny wood weapons and pounded me into the ground without much effort. The lone survivor, the cook, was so bereft of my demise that she could not muster up any will to attract the last ship and gave in to the cold winds and storms that seemed to sweep the islands every single night....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fonollosa
Spain
Burjassot
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eaten by a puma. He found our camp in the turn after a crocodile broke our spears!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek Siwik
Poland
flag msg tools
I was exploring one area on an island 6 days in a row and never succeeded, got lost 2 times and died starving in a middle of nowhere..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
woow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomek P.
Poland
Zabrze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well today i died by...fog on second scenario! I have on every tile of island "fog" and on my ninth turn i got event with book. I don't have any tiles where i can put those two little white plastic cubes, so that was really mysterious death. But i died very rich with completely useless gold founded on dark temple

I don't have luck to find on first turns island tile that is needed to build rope (and after that - sacred bell)

But maybe next time i will finally beat cursed island scenario :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
Germany
Obertshausen
Hessen
flag msg tools
Dream away...
badge
"Always look on the bright side of....."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mrboo and Ignacy...,

the EXACT same death I had a few minutes ago....
As usual, I´ll try better next time....

Good night everybody.......Marion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pirciu
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
North Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday was the last day I saw the ship on the horizon... we tried to build a huge fire but there was one tree (cube) that we were not able to cut down despite our desperate efforts to do so. 2 days ago we realized that we may not have the time to gather all the needed wood, so we have tried to cut trees continously over the last two days, with no safety measures, just sawing day and night, even if we didn't have any food at the camp... salvation was more important.

Friday died 2days ago when one of the trees fell on the poor guy, we will miss him, but we didn't have the time to bury him, just cut, cut, cut. It seems the missing tree trunk doomed us indeed, as the ship that we saw passing by did not change the course and today it's not on the horizon anymore. There's no food anymore and a puma is circling the camp waiting for us to get weak and unable to defend ourselves. Even the sattelite internet link is getting more and mo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
13 February, in the year of our Lord 1719:
I write this passage with the last of my strength, upon the walls of my makeshift hut, in hopes that someone will find them and inform my family of my untimely death, and the tragic events that caused it.
It has been many months since my ship the was destroyed by the Autumn storm that left me marooned upon this accursed island. When the ship struck the reef I was in the galley making the most wondrous fish stew for the crew. Potatoes the size of my fist, bright orange carrots, and the most pungent garlic... oh garlic, how I miss the burn of garlic. I was seasoning the broth with black peppercorns and a dash of salt when I felt a jarring crash and sea water began to surge around me. Grabbing what little I could I made way to the main deck and was thrown overboard and lost to the storm.
I washed up on the beach all alone, the only survivor of our 15 man crew, cursed to struggle for survival on my own. Well, to say I was alone would not be the entire truth. Shortly after washing up on the beach I found this island to be inhabited by a friendly savage I named Friday and his faithful dog. I tried to win his affection, as I normally do, by use of my knowledge of the culinary arts. With great care I grilled, blackened, marinated, and even baked the plentiful island fish and fowl, but the savage would have none of it and refused to taste a single morsel of my cooking. Why he helped me I do not know, perhaps he was lonely, perhaps he enjoyed my company, perhaps he had nothing better to do.
Over the next months we foraged and gathered enough wood and fur to construct a makeshift structure and roof to protect me against the chilling rain and snow that Friday didn't seem to mind at all. We also stacked cord after cord of firewood to create a large signal fire that would hopefully attract any ships that may be passing by.
This island, this cursed island, seemed to be out to get me. It may sound unreasonable, the insane ramblings of a dying man, but it was as if the island had a will of it's own, a will that punished me whenever I stretched myself too thin and tried to accomplish too much in one day. Broken tools and wild animals gave me insomnia and sent me into a deep depression. Sources of food and wood vanished before my very eyes. Did I imagine this, or was it really happening to me? I constructed a hatchet and managed to cut my leg and hand deeply with it, while constructing a roof to my shelter. I knew infection would set in soon, so I found some herbs in a glen that would ease my pain. The wounds were deep, but I struggled through the pain.
Close to death and my signal fire nearly complete I knew my salvation was near. I could see the ships on the horizon, they were going to rescue me, I could feel it in my bones.
I only needed 5 more logs to complete the signal fire. I had 3 logs cut from the previous day and expected to find my usual 2 logs and 1 food in the area around my camp. I thought I was home free.
Out of nowhere the banks of the river overflowed and a “raging river” flooded the area around my camp. I was only able to gather 1 log from the forest instead of 2 and the food was completely washed away. I mistakenly placed my 4 logs onto the pile almost completing my goal. I spent the rest of the day frantically gathering 1 food and 1 wood. But then the bad weather struck. 2 dark rain clouds followed by 2 heavy snow clouds appeared out of nowhere. The triple layers of my roof gave me some protection, but it was not enough. Right before the weather hit I summoned the last of my determination and cooked what would be my last meal on earth: pan seared macaw, glazed in a wild berry and sea salt reduction sauce, nested on a bed of mixed greens. This meal gave me strength and resolve, enough to carry me through the storm. The 1 log was gone, burnt to keep me warm, but I could easily find more the next day now that the swollen river had receded. I was at death's door, frozen, hungry, but so close to salvation, and that's when the gangrene spread to my leg. I had the cure, but it wasn't enough to save me. The wound festered and consumed the last of my health.
I lay here now shivering in the darkness, consumed by fever and unspeakable pain. Will Friday complete the signal fire on his own? Does he even want to be saved? Will the civilized world learn of my story, or will this cursed island claim my account, just as it has claimed my life? Alas, I will never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
After being a nervous wreck for two weeks.....
badge
I can finally exhale!! THIS TEAM!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bravo, Robert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend I was doing demos of Robinson. One of demo games had a blast combination of events. I need to report it - we were rolling to death laughing while it happened.

Players needed food. They decided that they will go for Exploration and perhaps, if they are lucky, they will find food among Discovery tokens.

Well... It was a little bit more complicated than they expected...

One of them found a Goat Discovery token (if you have Weapon, you get 1 food and 1 fur). Well, if only they had Weapon...

Other player found a Poison Discovery token (if you have Pot, you get +2 Weapon). Well, if only they had Pot...

Third player had an adventure 'Dead village' (I don't know final English title, but this is an adventure where you found old village and you can look and search and find 2 Treasures but then you get Epidemic into Event deck). He decided to look and he draw... Pots treasure card!!

[I told him these were urns with ashes not pots, but he couldn't believe me ]

So in the evening they took Pots, use Poison to make a great soup... for a Goat.

Goat ate it and died.

They ate goat.

Epidmic got into event deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Jarosław
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
Maybe a little competition for the best story "coming out of the game"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Masson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was killed by a pack of starving otters last night during a game of Volcano Island.
They ate my fish when it was available and moved on to better feeding grounds when the lava destroyed that tile.
I ignored the cute and adorable "threat", totally focused on exploring the final temple and building my jolly boat. There was no fish on the only non lava tile left and I was forced to resolve the effects of the otter card again during the event phase.
Now the lovable otter pack is scampering and playing alone on the beach of a lava encrusted island. Their ingenious little minds figured out a way to use my bones as a lever to pry open shell fish.

Well mom, you said I would never amount to much, look at me now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing, Robert!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jelly fish
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First game, scenario 1.

My kid and I froze during the early winter (Turn 10).

Maybe this happened because we squandered too much wood to build the signal fire and so we didn't have enough wood left over to keep warm and fight off the winter freeze.

I don't think that is the reason though, because we had zero wood in the signal fire stockpile. Zero wood.

And so some ships sailed nearby and because there was no fire to attract them, they did not sail to the island to discover two frozen castaways.

We spent zero wood on the stockpile and still didn't have enough spare wood to keep from freezing. Umm, I think we better try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Aspley
Queensland
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
When I soloed that I built the complete pyre, no ship turned up, THEN I froze to death. I probably shouldn't have focused on the pyre so much, given that I could see that the ship wasn't going to arrive until the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.