Subject: Looking to buy extra tokens. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Sussenbach
United States
Clarkston
Georgia
flag msg tools
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but...I was looking to buy some extra pirate coins, embargo tokens, and prosperity vp tokens. Does anyone know where you can buy them? I just made a wooden chips set of the game and want to add these tokens into it.
Thanks,
Kyle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard of them being sold anywhere. Maybe if you do a search for board game parts someone might be selling some.

That said if you've made a chips set of the game, couldn't you make something else to be the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Kylesussenbach wrote:
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but...I was looking to buy some extra pirate coins, embargo tokens, and prosperity vp tokens. Does anyone know where you can buy them? I just made a wooden chips set of the game and want to add these tokens into it.

RGG has considered selling the tokens separately, but so far has not felt that there's sufficient demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
Kylesussenbach wrote:

RGG has considered selling the tokens separately, but so far has not felt that there's sufficient demand.

I'd buy them. Somehow I'm missing some of my 5 VP tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
Kylesussenbach wrote:

I get the impression (from posts elsewhere on BGG) that there would be demand for the coin tokens outside of Dominion games. For example I would buy a set to replace the plastic "gold coins" from Citadels immediately - and look for other games where I could do the same.

Let's face it, would you prefer to play with
these coins
or these

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Pawlak
Poland
near Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
churchmouse wrote:

Let's face it, would you prefer to play with
these coins
or these

Raisins versus coins - I'd prefer coins Pity, that the ones I got aren't so shiny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in the camp that would like to be able to buy extra tokens as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are rather nice for a game component.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tarjei Aasen
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And they would be useful for so many game.

*sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elaine Lai
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to buy some nice paper tokens too. Can't stand those thin plastic chips come with Brass.
yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fish
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I second that. I would buy lots of them to put into other games. They're really nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
Macungie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to get metal coins that I can use with a variety of different games, and found this thread in my search since the Dominion pirate ship coins are great and exactly what I'm looking for. I love using them as they are of excellent quality, small and round, but I understand they cannot be purchased separately at this time (bummer!).

Since they're not available, does anyone know where coins of a similar variety can be purchased? I know Great American Coin Co. sells coins, but they're odd-shaped doubloons. I really like simple circular coins. I've been searching quite a bit online but have come up short thus far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

And RGG, if you're reading this... I think you'd have plenty of demand for those coins and shield tokens, if you ever chose to sell them! I'd certainly buy them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcpete22 wrote:
Since they're not available, does anyone know where coins of a similar variety can be purchased? I know Great American Coin Co. sells coins, but they're odd-shaped doubloons. I really like simple circular coins. I've been searching quite a bit online but have come up short thus far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

There are some fairly inexpensive, high quality tokens that some people swear by which you can probably find at a store near you.

They are primarily made of Zinc and are similar in color to the Dominion coin tokens. They are available in bundles of 50 for only 50 cents.

There's also a slightly larger token that's silvery in color to make it easy to distinguish from the smaller token. They are sold in bundles of 40 for $2.

The best place to find them is at stores like Bank of America or Chase Bank (or similar stores with "Bank" in their name). For a bundle of small tokens, ask for "a roll of pennies." For a bundle of the larger tokens, ask for "a roll of nickels." There are several other sizes also available at various prices, which you can ask about when you get there.

Availability is limited outside of the United States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
rcpete22 wrote:
And RGG, if you're reading this... I think you'd have plenty of demand for those coins and shield tokens, if you ever chose to sell them! I'd certainly buy them! :D

He's considered it as a separate product; you could tell him directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
Macungie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff - sarcasm appreciated.
But
Play money = fun
Real money = not.

Donald, thanks, I'll drop Jay a note and let him know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcpete22 wrote:
Jeff - sarcasm appreciated.
But
Play money = fun
Real money = not.

Yeah, I'm there with you. But I've heard some people seriously suggest it so I thought I'd throw it out there. Then I decided to have some fun with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.