Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

User Eyeheartawk posted about a possible issue with the time wheels in the reprint, but I want to bring the issue up in its own post. Here is his post, with video:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10733980#10733980

Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MVives wrote:
Hey folks,

User Eyeheartawk posted about a possible issue with the time wheels in the reprint, but I want to bring the issue up in its own post. Here is his post, with video:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10733980#10733980

Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

I think we need quote marks here. This is hardly an "issue" at all. You pick the wheel up, rotate it, read the number and put it back on the table. Any small give in the tightness is irrelevant, all that matters is that the wheels are perfectly centred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
I think we need quote marks here. This is hardly an "issue" at all. You pick the wheel up, rotate it, read the number and put it back on the table. Any small give in the tightness is irrelevant, all that matters is that the wheels are perfectly centred.

My impression from the comments and video is that the sliding might be enough for the wrong information to be visible. The text is quite small on the wheel, so a few millimeters could make a difference. But that is just an impression (and really my main concern)... hence I am wondering. Have you seen the reprint wheel in person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playability-wise it's OK.

Since the fit isn't all that tight it will move around quite a bit, I find myself needing to manipulate the wheel on something like a table rather than completely in my hand. However, it is still functional. I wouldn't really call it a deal breaker. If you're on the fence about the game I would still pick up a copy even if you have the get the new one with this Time Wheel issue and the unnecessarily larger box.

Of note, Queen Games apparently didn't think this to be a deal breaker either as they never responded to either email I sent them asking about the change.

*shrugs*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has this problem. The length of the rivet 'screws' are too long. It is most definitely a production error. I find it inconvenient - dials like this shouldn't wobble about. Just to explain how loose it is, I flicked it halfway across the table and the numbers changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try emailing Queen Games about it? I did twice and never got a response. Judging by that, I'm guessing they don't consider it a big deal and won't address it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem with my copies of the dials. I fixed it with a couple of washers from a local DIY store and inserted them between the two rotaing card sections. It was so annoying when you picked them up and they rattled like they were falling to pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum Djinn wrote:
I have the same problem with my copies of the dials. I fixed it with a couple of washers from a local DIY store and inserted them between the two rotaing card sections. It was so annoying when you picked them up and they rattled like they were falling to pieces.

blush

I should have thought of that! Off to the hardware store after work. Enjoy your geekgold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamoreaux
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also found a solution. Using a hobby knife, I cut a mm or two off the end of every rivet. Then when I put the together, they held the dials together tight enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.