Subject: Why peel when you can just wait and win? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Holden
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
Bought this for my nephew today and played for first time, just wanted to check if I have understood it.

Rules say that once you have used all your tiles you MAY peel (take another tile). At this point could you sit tight until all other tiles are taken by other players and claim to be in a winning position?

Have I missed something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Yep - when one person peels, EVERYONE takes a new tile. So you can sit there, but that's just putting the other players in a better position as you're giving them time to catch up. Then, when they use all their tiles, they'll say PEEL and you'll have to draw a new tile as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Holden
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
Oh yeah that makes sense now thanks. Now I've got a new question. When is the earliest that someone can win? Rules seem to say when all tiles are gone or when there are fewer tiles in the bunch than there are players, depending where you look.

Thanks,

Lee. .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kettlecup wrote:
Oh yeah that makes sense now thanks. Now I've got a new question. When is the earliest that someone can win? Rules seem to say when all tiles are gone or when there are fewer tiles in the bunch than there are players, depending where you look.

Thanks,

Lee. .

You play through all tiles. That's why calling PEEL as soon as you can can start to get tiles piled up on others -- and of course work against you too -- but that disadvantage does not seem to me to offset the better plan to peel out your letters as soon as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Dyck
msg tools
mb
It's a minor detail but it's important not to peel again if there are not enough tiles left for all the players. If you use your last tile in a three player game and there are two left in the bunch, call Banana instead of peel so you can claim another of life's little victories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.