Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dietsch
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played our group's first game yesterday, and my first game, and I was the keeper. We played Fall of House Lynch. We noticed a distinct lack of variety/options for the keeper. I misplayed Mythos cards and kept replaying them (one annoying one in particular, the paintings are coming off the wall! Check Wil and then Dex, haha, sorry group), but without that I didn't have much except spawn a maniac and steal some hair. I couldn't spawn many monsters.

Are there any more chances to get more keeper actions cards in a game? Is this meant to be an 'intro' scenario? We did manage to get them to a final battle even after uncovering my Objective early (someone's once per game check revealed it), but they floundered and didn't get clue 1 until later and I basically let them win, but it was close, so it seems fairly balanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very much an intro scenario, but still quite fun for experienced players/keepers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
cdietschrun wrote:
I misplayed Mythos cards and kept replaying them (one annoying one in particular, the paintings are coming off the wall! Check Wil and then Dex, haha, sorry group),

How were you replaying mythos cards? You discard them after use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
cdietschrun wrote:
I misplayed Mythos cards and kept replaying them (one annoying one in particular, the paintings are coming off the wall! Check Wil and then Dex, haha, sorry group),

How were you replaying mythos cards? You discard them after use.

As he says, he was MISplaying them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luqash Luqash
msg tools
cdietschrun wrote:
(someone's once per game check revealed it)

The investigator's skill your talking about does not reveal objective. The player may read (the objective card once and then tell others what is the objective BUT it is NOT considered revealed. ;-) This is crucial in many cases so try to implement this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.