Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Vacek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on Geek of the Week, and thanks for introducing me to your video series! Looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Olejniczak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Rodney! May the luck of your dice rolls never change, so you will be forced to get Luke to roll for you
But seriously - well deserved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Rodney! Love the videos and look forward to every one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karry Lim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Rodney!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha K
Germany
Grossenlueder
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Rodney! Love your show and by the way: it's your fault I bought Mansions of Madness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hassell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congrats! I'm a huge fan of your series, though not so huge that I can no longer fit into my pants.

My question: I know you attempted to learn Mage Knight: the Board Game. How did that turn out?

Looking forward to your continued efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well deserved! My question is gigantic, huge, and cosmically impactful...

Have you ever played the New Kids on the Block board game, and if so, are you a fan of Jordan?

In all seriousness, congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratas.

Happy new year and my regular questions:

1.- Favourite game in my collection.
2.- Least favourite one.
3.- Have you ever been in Spain or The Netherlands?
4.- Blondes, brunetes or redheads?
5.- Can you recomend me a game?

Enjoy your week pal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrill Lampart
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Rodney! Well deserved and keep up the great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Rodney!

Live Zombicide was great! We won!

My question is have you ever thought of creating your own board game? (You answered Costanza!)

Follow up: Is that after George Costanza from Seinfeld?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally making a post to this thread!

We had our first "live" (or as we called it: "undead") play through of Zombicide and despite my terrible upload speeds, it was a lot of fun.

I controlled one of the 6 survivors and then everyone who tuned in got to weigh in on all the rest of the player moves for the the other survivors, and we had an unbelievable finish.

If it hadn't happened live I wouldn't have believed it.

But now I can jump on here today and fully embrace the GotW thread that Joel started! I'd better get cracking on these qyuestions!

eekamouse wrote:
So... Enjoy your week Rodney. I hope you get to meet some new people, and have fun with it!

I will kick off the Q&A to get things started:

d10-1 What game are you most looking forward to playing?

d10-2 What does Pelvidar mean?

d10-3 Given your penchant for video creation, what's your favorite movie?

d10-4 Do you have a favorite movie director?

d10-5 What's coming up after Zombicide for your series?

d10-1 I made a resolution at the start of this year to not purchase any new games until February 28th (hey, that's a long time for a boardgame junkie like me!). And my motivation for that is to get a chance to play through all the games currently in my collection that are yet unplayed. Andrea wants to try to play each game once as well. So, I'm picking from games currently in my collection (or on their way), and not yet played. And yes, I'm picking more than one, but I'll break it down by category.
* Euro: Castles of Burgundy
* Kickstarter: Sedition Wars (shipping this week)
* RPG: Mouse Guard (as a DM).
* Miniatures Game: Flames of War
* Ameritrash: City of Remnants (I have played it, but must. play. more).
* Card Game: Glory to Rome

d10-2 When I was younger I was never much good at tackling manageable projects. I would try to make a game, so it would have to be a 300 page RPG. Or a 600 page novel. Which meant I got about 10 pages in and never finished. When I was in grade 7 or 8 I started work on my "Lord of the Rings", my grand fantasy novel! I think I named it "Forgotten Shards" or something like that. Anyway I had a paladin character in it - my big noble hero, and I made up the name Pelvidar for him. So when I started having to pick usernames on the internet, I knew this was a name no one else would have picked yet

d10-3 Again - so tough! I think Primer was the movie that most got under my skin. I really enjoy when a movie is so subtle and understated, but it's swinging for the fences with it's ideas. Or maybe I just like a movie that let's me feel like I understand it, but if I tried to explain it, would expose that I still don't quite have it figured out. A recent movie I enjoyed: Looper (I'm a sucker for time travel).

d10-4 I can narrow it down to two: David Lynch - I like how far out there David Lynch can go and still leave me feeling like there was coherency to his incoherence. And secondly, Chan-wook Park. Although very dark, The Vengeance Trilogy movies were stunning stories and the directing on them was really masterful I thought.

d10-5 I don't have this quite pinned down. It is most likely going to be a game that was released at Essen. I can hint that much at least
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel's last question ties nicely into this one.

Sperber wrote:
d10-6 Early in the show you presented Memoir '44 as the next game you want to play. Ever since then you never mentioned it. Did you learn from that experience to never announce something to soon?

Yes. Exactly. I still want to play Memoir '44 on the show and feel bad that we didn't get to it. Often times my selection process has more to do with what I'm most "feeling" in the moment and isn't a measure of how good we think a game is or isn't. I also don't want to get our gamer friends excited about a play through only to change things up and disappoint them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j-train1 wrote:
Hello Rodney,
Question:
So do you practice the 'Jones' theory in that do you replace games in your collection when another better game comes along that would fill that 'need'. For example you have an auction game like Modern Art and you get Power Grid do you do away with Modern Art or keep it?

I'm not a strict subscriber to the theory, because I have a bit of a collectors bug - I enjoy having certain games, just to have them - even if they aren't getting picked for play over other games.

That said, I try to practice it otherwise. I've managed to sell a few of my games to local friends, but I'd really like to take the time to learn this whole math trade thing. Helping someone else get something they want for something you want seems pretty great. I've found learning about it a bit intimidating though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
[q="rasslor"]I don't really care for the credit but, in case you're wondering Rodney, I think I was the first one who suggested the strategy with Josh! And you pronounced my username wrong!

lol, ah Martin it was you! Well, it was nice of you to be humble about it, but you deserved the credit. That was a great suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Wollinger
Germany
Frankenthal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:

Im' surprised to see City of Remnants in this category. I thought it has more in common with eurogames with its resource management, auction, and conversion mechanisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my question, I know you're not into reviewing games so much. What game did you look forward to quite a bit, but were in the end disappointed with?

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done, Sir. And well deserved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! A well deserved honor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark van Eikeren
Netherlands
Hoorn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! You definitely deserve this accolade. Your videos are instructive, but most of all a lot of fun to watch. They really manage to capture the spirit of what this hobby is all about.
And we should extend this honour to both Andrea and Luke for being such great co-hosts and to your wife for being so supportive. Keep up the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son of Zod
Australia
flag msg tools
Congratulations Rodney laugh

As a Canadian (and as an old 'Ambush' fan), would you consider playing the new 'Up front" when it is released later this year?
Not sure whether suitable for Luke though...but I think so!

Great vids...keep it going.

From a d10-5 pin on your map!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sperber wrote:
Pelvidar wrote:

Im' surprised to see City of Remnants in this category. I thought it has more in common with eurogames with its resource management, auction, and conversion mechanisms.

It is a blend I'd say, since it also has lots dice rolling and direct combat conflict (and plastic miniatures )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice GotW choice! thumbsup

Congratulations, Rodney!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
How has Rodney NOT been geek of the week before now?

Congrats to Rodney, and a big thanks to Joel for correcting this injustice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.