Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick "The OCG" Fleece
United States
flag msg tools
Jesus Christ is Lord of my life.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you counter your own contract with a family influence. The point of it would be to help flush out your hand. It could be useful especially in the later rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
RogertheDumpling wrote:
Can you counter your own contract with a family influence. The point of it would be to help flush out your hand. It could be useful especially in the later rounds.

No.

Rules wrote:
"On your turn, you will draw one card, and then play one card..."

I have the compact version (it says 1989 2005 on the back), but I cannot imagine they changed this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the player being targetted can defend himself with a Family Influence card. None of the other players can help him out, either.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
apatheticexecutioner wrote:
Only the player being targetted can defend himself with a Family Influence card. None of the other players can help him out, either.

Brian

Not how I learned the game - and there is nothing in my rules about this.

There is one passage about what happens if two players try to play a counter card - and is says that only the first one takes effect. This could just be refering to Finger, but there is not mentioned anything to exclude Family Influence or Mob Power. Even if you would rearly help another player, it could be good if the attacker has lots of mobsters left and you and third player only have one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.