Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike West
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After losing right at the end of our first game I have a couple of rules queries...

If the blue Taoist has the 'use ability twice' power, if they use a ying yang to activate a village tile, do they use it twice?

I have seen some rules posts mention the village tile that reduces the power of a particular colour of ghost reduce it by one, when we read the rules as reducing it to one, were we playing it correctly?

Thanks,

Mike...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really not sure on the first question, but I would say no. Yin-Yang is separate from actions, and associated abilities.

Definitely no on the second one. Circle of prayer reduces each resistance, of color, BY one, not to one. If the ghost started with one resistance, of color, you still need to spend the action to combat, even though its resistance is now effectively zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
correct. The "to" one ruling is a common misprint in the english rulebook. Other languages are correct. So it is definitely "reduce it BY one"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
correct. The "to" one ruling is a common misprint in the english rulebook. Other languages are correct. So it is definitely "reduce it BY one"

Ah, bum!

I thought it was a bit easy considering we almost won guessing what the hell to do.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost Stories mini FAQ in ENG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the current editions of the game have the rule fixed, the older copies had a little "errata" slip of paper pointing out the mistake.

I'm guessing your copy is even older?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gothnak wrote:
If the blue Taoist has the 'use ability twice' power, if they use a ying yang to activate a village tile, do they use it twice?

And just to make sure: no, blue does not get a double action when using his ying/yang token.

Also, it is definitely not impossible to win this game on the first try, so don't get discouraged and keep trying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boscrossos wrote:
Gothnak wrote:

And just to make sure: no, blue does not get a double action when using his ying/yang token.

Also, it is definitely not impossible to win this game on the first try, so don't get discouraged and keep trying.
Sure it is... you just gotta mess up more rules that go in your favor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.