Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each character has a special invention

Cook: Fireplace
Carpenter: Snare
Soldier: Spear
Explorer: Shortcut

Can the special invention of a character not being used be one of the 5 random inventions available to build at the beginning of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
The special items of each character have to be handled a little differently. Each special item of a character that IS IN PLAY is removed from the invention card deck prior to shuffling it. Then, five cards are drawn and placed on the board, in addition to the 9 regular cards already there.

The special items removed this way are given to the respective characters, to be put next to the character sheet.

So in short: no, they are not part of the 5 invention cards drawn. But they can be, IF the character whose special item it is IS NOT in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The English rules (p. 2, left column) say:
Quote:
On each Character card a particular Invention is depicted. The matching card should be removed from the Invention deck and put face up (Invention side up) on his or her Character card.

I say (and play) that the unused character-specific inventions go into the Invention deck. Interestingly enough, when Ignacy recorded his video of how to set up the game he actually removed the unused character-specific inventions from the Invention deck. I think that was a mistake, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my mistake. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.