Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Oriente» Forums » Rules

Subject: To what extent do the laborers increase a Nofu's rank? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The rules say that, when a Nofu declares a revolution, the rank to call for privilege against the revolution is equal to one plus the number of laborers in the square.
Nothing else is explicitly stated, so I suppose that for any other purpose the rank of the Nofu does not change, but for the sake of clarity I'm asking for an explicit ruling about the following cases.

Can a Nofu call for privilege against a lord of higher rank, if he declares a revolution of even higher rank?

Is the actual rank of a Nofu increased by the laborers in the square when he is attacking or recruiting another laborer?

Thank you in advance for any answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Simoes
Portugal
Vila Nova de Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
mb
I would answer "no" to both questions.

Baldanzotto wrote:
Can a Nofu call for privilege against a lord of higher rank, if he declares a revolution of even higher rank?
According to the rules, you cannot call for privilege if your lord is of lower rank than the declaring player.
Also, if you may call for privilege and choose to do so, you declare your action after calling for privilege.
So, I believe that declaring a revolution in your example cannot happen, since the Nofu fails to satisfy the conditions to call for privilege in the first place.

Baldanzotto wrote:
Is the actual rank of a Nofu increased by the laborers in the square when he is attacking or recruiting another laborer?
The rules say: "The laborers in the square are only used with the second special ability of the Nofu: Revolution". (Emphasis added.)
I take that as implying that the laborers are not used in any other situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
According to this Italian forum, the game designer answered the question saying that the Nofu increases his rank only when he declares the revolution, and the increased rank is effective to call for privilege against another lord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.