Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
Have A Logical Day
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a gift card to my FLGS and I have identified the game that I wish to purchase - but his suppliers say it is out of stock at the manufacturer.

Boards and Bits shows it out of stock also. Amazon shows it in stock, but they sell it thru another party. I'd really like to use my gift card to take a serious portion from my out of pocket cost.

Anybody know when they are planning on printing more of this highly-acclaimed game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://shop.gamesalute.com/search?q=alien+frontiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dredry Toenail wrote:
I got a gift card to my FLGS and I have identified the game that I wish to purchase - but his suppliers say it is out of stock at the manufacturer.

Boards and Bits shows it out of stock also. Amazon shows it in stock, but they sell it thru another party. I'd really like to use my gift card to take a serious portion from my out of pocket cost.

Anybody know when they are planning on printing more of this highly-acclaimed game?

Alien Frontiers is not out of stock. This is a lie perpetuated by the big name distributors because they don't carry Alien Frontiers. They don't carry it so they tell the stores it is out of stock because they don't want to send the store owner to Game Salute to buy his product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that if a game is distributed through Game Salute, your store can contact them and potentially get the game in stock. Fred, is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
My understanding is that if a game is distributed through Game Salute, your store can contact them and potentially get the game in stock. Fred, is this correct?

Yep. Thanks Ken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
Have A Logical Day
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Fred. I will pass on this thread to my FLGS owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
CMG2 wrote:
Dredry Toenail wrote:

Alien Frontiers is not out of stock. This is a lie perpetuated by the big name distributors because they don't carry Alien Frontiers. They don't carry it so they tell the stores it is out of stock because they don't want to send the store owner to Game Salute to buy his product.

Your wording is a little misleading. You make it sound like they choose not to stock and supply AF. In fact, they cannot; CMG won't allow anyone but Game Salute to distribute. Very different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Your wording is a little misleading. You make it sound like they choose not to stock and supply AF. In fact, they cannot; CMG won't allow anyone but Game Salute to distribute. Very different.

But the distributors keep telling people the game is sold out at the manufacturer, which is also misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred MacKenzie
United States
Florence
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
CMG2 wrote:
Dredry Toenail wrote:

I think your wording is more misleading than mine. You seem to be suggesting I am intentionally misleading. I am not. I stated fact. I know nothing about Game Salute's exclusive contracts and whether a distributor can or can not actually receive games from them. I do believe, however, that at least one of the big distributors does actually have a contract with Game Salute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Springboard by Game Salute
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
In actuality...Alien Frontiers IS almost sold out at the manufacturer/Game Salute level. Local stores probably have some and ACD might still have some.

We've begun working on quote for the 4th printing.

David
Game Salute & Clever Mojo Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
Have A Logical Day
mbmbmbmbmb
I have confirmed what David has stated. This is what the owner of my local store sent me:

"Just got a hold of Game Salute and they are currently out of Alien Frontiers. As soon as it comes back into stock, they'll auto ship it to us and I'll get a hold of you the moment it arrives."

After my wife spoiled me with 4 new games for Christmas, I think I can wait a few weeks (a couple of months?) for this one to come in.

I hope the quotes for the 4th printing come back soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ask your game store to contact ACD and see if they have any left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! It has been a couple months ... Still working on a reprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
We expect the 4th printing to be available by 4Q2013

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at least we have the ipad app!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Freels
Australia
Rooty Hill (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
...sans Temporal Warper... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Spittledung wrote:
telos81 wrote:
...sans Temporal Warper... soblue

Say whut?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
CMG2 wrote:
Dredry Toenail wrote:

Correct. A terrible business decision from CMG which is costing them customers. I would own the game by now if it was made available from CSI or Amazon. I won't be told whom to buy what from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DakotaDevil wrote:
I would own the game by now if it was made available from CSI

Same here. Or timewellspentgames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
furtherbum wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
I would own the game by now if it was made available from CSI or Amazon.

Same here.

When the game WAS in stock, it WAS sold on Amazon, albeit via Game Salute's affiliate account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.