Subject: Vichy creation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob vana
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi,

17.3 says :

"Move all French controlled non-naval units and markers on the production circle to Metropolitan Vichy France".

Does this mean that I move all French ground and air units in production
immediately to the map?.Even those that are supposed to arrive in a few turns?

Seems strange...

Thanks
Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
bobv wrote:
Hi,

17.3 says :

"Move all French controlled non-naval units and markers on the production circle to Metropolitan Vichy France".

Does this mean that I move all French ground and air units in production
immediately to the map?.Even those that are supposed to arrive in a few turns?

Yep that's what it means - move them immediately to the map even if they are turns away from appearing. This also means that those units will be included in the 'reduce by half' process for units in Vichy places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Harned
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Find that to be a weird rule too. Seems odd that a ARM, MECH, etc... that's due months from now suddenly arrives due to the Fall of France.

As an alternative there are the LOC Vichy rules which I just tried and found to be "richer" than the RAW rules when it comes to Vichy France.

In regards your question I am curious. Do these new units need to be placed in a city per normal reinforcement rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougofdeath wrote:

In regards your question I am curious. Do these new units need to be placed in a city per normal reinforcement rules?

No. They go into the pile of troops in Metro Vichy France, and then are subjected to halving by unit type, and whatever is left is just set up in Metro Vichy France. They aren't technically reinforcements at this stage, they can be set up anywhere in MVF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob vana
Belgium
flag msg tools
So what happens with French units still in occupied France?
I think they become Free French but where do they go to?
I'll read through the LOC Vichy rules,but it is completed enough as it is now!
Thanks
Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobv wrote:
So what happens with French units still in occupied France?
I think they become Free French but where do they go to?
I'll read through the LOC Vichy rules,but it is completed enough as it is now!
Thanks
Bob

French units in non-Vichy parts of mainland France will have already been teleported to the nearest Vichy or Free French hex (for metro France, that will almost certainly have been a Vichy hex).

The Vichy rules are always a bit of a slog; you only do it once a game so I certainly don't have them down cold the way I do other rules. I certainly would NOT try to memorize them!

But when doing the Vichification process, be sure to go thru rule 17 step-by-step, and in the end, you should be OK.

Oh and the LOC Vichy rules change things quite significantly. I like them, myself. But if you are new to WIF I probably would use the normal Vichy rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob vana
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thanks Wendell,

Think I got it.
One last question for now.
What happens with objectives that were controlled by France?
Free France co-operates with the CW so I guess these objectives go to the allied side,but what with Vichy France controlled objectives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
bobv wrote:
Thanks Wendell,

Think I got it.
One last question for now.
What happens with objectives that were controlled by France?
Free France co-operates with the CW so I guess these objectives go to the allied side,but what with Vichy France controlled objectives?

I think I got this one: As Free France is an independent major power, albeit a bit small to be really "major", it counts it's objectives for itself. Vichy France is played and depends upon the activity limits of the major power installing it -usually Germany- so it's objectives become German ones. That's my guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob vana
Belgium
flag msg tools
..but the rules say

"Vichy France is a neutral major power run by the Axis major power that installed the Vichy government"

So if it is a neutral major power how can the objectives it controls belong to the axis side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobv wrote:
..but the rules say

"Vichy France is a neutral major power run by the Axis major power that installed the Vichy government"

So if it is a neutral major power how can the objectives it controls belong to the axis side?

To be specific, it is a neutral major power on the Axis side (a major power is always on a 'side' even if not active). So if the game ends with a neutral Vichy controlling any objectives, tally them on the Axis side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.