Chris Sulat
United Kingdom
Dundee
- Choose a State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Louis' unofficial FAQ there is the following question and answer:

Quote:
Q: If I am stunned and an End of Beat effect allows me to “repeat this attack”, can the effect still activate?
A: Yes. Stunning does not prevent End of Beat effects from taking place.

Unfortunately, I am still not clear as to how this resolves. Is it:

a) End of beat the character can spend a token (either Mirror or Dark Force) to try to activate the repeat attack but because they are stunned the attack fails to activate and the token is wasted.

or

b) Because the attack is being activated during the End of Beat step, we do not need to check for stun and so the attack resolves completely after the token is spent.

Thanks for your replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunning only takes affect in the Before Activating, Activation, and After Activating steps. After that, the stun goes away. So by the time the End of Beat rolls around, you can do whatever you want, including spending a token to use your attack. That's how I interpret the rule, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sulat
United Kingdom
Dundee
- Choose a State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for your quick replies!

Just introduced a new friend to the game and this is becoming a quick favourite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, this is good to know. I always figured since it said “repeat this attack” and you weren't able to do it in the first place because of the stun, that there was nothing to repeat. But this gives more ways for characters to move around a stun. I like it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.