5 Posts

7 Wonders: Leaders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Maecenas Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vicky Enalen
msg tools
Hey guys,

I apologize if this has been clarified somewhere. Else; I did some searching, but I couldn't find the answer to my question.

I was wondering if, after playing Maecenas, the controlling player would be able to play ALL his leaders (for free) during the next recruit phase or if the rules only imply that the leaders would be free for each recruit phase.

For example: last night my brother played Maecenas as his first leader before Age I. On the next recruitment phase he played 2 leaders thinking that he is allowed to play "all his future leaders" during this phase. I can see how he would think that, but I thought it meant that during each phase his next leader would be free.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It allows you to ignore the gold cost on all of your leaders, but doesn't affect the timing of when leaders are played. You still play just one leader at the start of each age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Enalen
msg tools
Thanks! I'll attribute that to his win last night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, like Rome wasn't already overpowered as it is.

(I can also see that interpretation after reading the precise rulebook wording but that way is certainly broken. Replacing coin costs for your normally-played leaders is already strong. That version of Maceanas would need to cost like 5+ gold to be fair)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen

Smyrna
Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your brother. He's trying to get the one up on you!

Good job keeping him in check!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.