10 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tnx to the community rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aussat
Sweden
flag msg tools
Been playing Mage Knight now for a few weeks and I must say best game I have played for a long time. Most rules are pretty clear and most times you play and end up in a situation and talk it over with your buds looking in the rulebook discussing some more and agree on something which on most cases are whats intended.
On some cases it starts to bug me and i want to know if we interpreted the rules correct. Rereading the rules usually doesn't give you much just more questions. Known of boardgamegeek.com for a while but never really looked around that hard but one day I did. Found the forums and man did i get happy. Rules are now no more then words on a page, you guys are the encyclopedia with all the answers. You guys are lifesavers and I'm really glad that you/we are geeks and not self centered egoists

Tnx guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Trompeter
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree! Being fairly new to board games and extremely new to BGG these forums have been awesome for me. A lot of my questions were answered just by surfing the forums. I say thanks as well!

Vec
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Godinho
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got started board gaming and im addicted and might need help because im buying too much too fast. This place is tremendous and I am so happy to have found it and be a part of it.

Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG is THE place to look when you want great infos, you have rules questions or simply to no more about a game or a concept or the general hobby. You can be sure that there's some passionate that are roaming this place and will answer questions quicker than you can think!!!

Like many (and like you Jason) I've bought and am still buying more games than I play. But that's what make board gaming a passion and not just a passtime. When you love something you want more of it and it applies to many things like love, cars, coffee or mountain bike.

So no shame to be addicted or buying more that you can play if it makes you happy and doesn't get you broke

Enjoy this passion even if some will laugh at it. they just don't understand and are afraid to love it themselves.

Play, have fun, get a cold beer, invite friends and roll dice.

BTW for those who bought Mage Knight you got yourselves the best treat there is. This game is simply awesome if you like the fantasy theme. MK got everything you want: exploration, character evolution, combat, reputation, shopping, recruiting, pillaging, assaulting...everything you feel like doing you can do it and allt his wrapped up in fun mechanics and rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard Aussat and Jason! I've only been around for about a year now and I think you'll find, as I did, this group of folks out here are hands down the best community on the web. Enjoy your new found passion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Trompeter
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I totally agree with you on Mage Knight. Totally!! Out of my current collection, which I am still inputting into my profile here on BGG, this game is my absolute favorite!

I have also been buying more than I can play lol. I started this hobby around mid last year. I am a big time video gamer and was getting bored a bit and discovered the real board games. Before, I always just thought of games like monopoly when I heard board games.

I blame videos like Watch It Played for my quick addiction to the hobby. Discovering Watch It Played last year is what got me going
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vectordream wrote:
I blame videos like Watch It Played for my quick addiction to the hobby. Discovering Watch It Played last year is what got me going

Me too, just over a year ago I stumbled across WiP and was hooked. Up until then I also thought of monopoly or risk when discussing board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
target is beginning to get some 'decent' boardgames into the common offer with ticket to ride, dixit, and settlers of catan on their store shelves maybe these will serve as gateway games for more folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Trompeter
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Funny you mention that! I was at Target the other day and saw Star Wars X-Wing miniatures game and Star Trek Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Trompeter
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WIP ftw!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.