Subject: Four players on Boston map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
On 01.05.13, we're 13 players for an evening of games. I proposed a Age of Industry and soon, we're four players ready to go. Christian has already played the game, Nicolas played it once with wrong rules and Morgan is discovering it (I've played it a lot). After the explanation of the rules, we're ready to go.

Three ships don't have any demand, making easy to develop a ship strategy. On the first round, Christian, Nicolas and I discard the lvl 0 ship to be ready to move on the next round.

Nicolas takes position in Boston, Christian at Providence and I go for New Haven, while Morgan is playing a port at New London, then expands rails to New Haven, Hartford and Springfield. I'm able to use these rails to put coton mills in Hartford and New London (with a brown and a grey cards) and sell two goods in one action. Things are looking good, but I've yet to develop my rails. Meanwhile, Christian has developed to the north and Nicolas has build a second ship and has taken position on the coal market, building in Pensylvania.

At this moment, luck favored me quite a lot. After Christian took two cards, a ship card appeared in the draw pile. As a first action, I take it (with one blind card). Then a violet card appeared on top of the draw pile. Here is my second action for this round ... and an easy way to relocated in Boston.

Here is the board (from my point of view) after playing in Boston.

Still a bit lucky with the cards, I then picked two green cards and developed a lvl 4 ship in Newburyport (luckily, no demand for this ship). The map is now almost completely filled.

Nicolas then began game's ending taking the last two cards, without realising Morgan had only threee cards in hand. There was not much to do, just play another coton mill for my own port and a port invinting Morgan to play his own coton mill into it before ending the game for good.

In the end, a very close victory for me:
Eric 26 VP
Christian 25 VP
Nicolas 24 VP
Morgan 20 VP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Ledoux
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my top 5 favorite games. Dry as hot sand. But such tasty, tasty sand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
styren wrote:
Three ships don't have any demand, making easy to develop a ship strategy.

Which seems kind of odd - I suppose one could explain it away that the 'No Demand' ships are engaging in profitable trade for commodities outside the scope of the game (i.e., other types of goods than the game provides).

Thanks for the Session Report - a very close game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.