Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Birger Hogrefe
Switzerland
Rubigen
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Treasure map (mystery card) indicates that i can do one explore action to draw cards from the mystery deck until i find 2 treasures. Two questions here. Do i have to place 1 or 2 pawns on this card to activate this? Or can i just explore an island tile (normal exploring) and then i get the effect while doing this as a bonus? Does the exploration need to be successful? And, if i have to do the explore action on the card (and not while exploring an island tile), do i need to place 1 pawn to roll the green dice, or 2 pawns to get a direct success to draw those treasures?

2. Malheur (event card) - This card tells me to remove all cards from the "danger"-area and resolve all effects immediately. Is the area with the event cards meant (future threats)? So i have to remove 0,1 or 2 cards from there and have to deal with the threats of those cards immediately and then add malheur in the right spot there? Cause this part of the plan has the name threat area in the rules, and not danger area, but i don't know what else could be meant by danger area....do i mean the correct cards/area here?

More questions to come (maybe) soon as i explore this game even further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
1. As you rightly explained - you place 1 pawn for rolling the dice, and 2 pawns for immediate success. If you roll the dice, and are unsuccessful, you don't draw mystery cards.
Think of it this way: you have to invest time and effort to follow the map. The more time you investigate (i.e. 2 pawns), the more likely is the success. But you have to follow the map without doing anything else - you can not stumble upon the treasure, as it is too well hidden or even buried...

2. You are correct, the Event cards are meant. Although I'm not sure if they are resolved left to right (the order in which they would leave the board, anyways), I would recommend doing so.
And I am quite certain that you resolve them first, and only then place Malheur. After all, the Threat action on the card would make no sense otherwise...

Hope that helps,
Dumon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.