177ark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing out an idea in hopes it gets to someone that can make it happen...

How great would it be to have an app that would handle the puzzles for MoM! Just select puzzle type and how many puzzle actions the investigator has to use, supports multiple puzzles, an optional timer function. Maybe a difficulty setting where on easy you can visually rotate pieces as many times as you want before finalizing an action, on medium just once on each action and on hard no such aid.
It would really cut down on game lag for puzzle set ups, free up table space and remove a lot potential for human error.
If I knew anything about app writing I would be on this myself, plus because of copy righting it might be better for Fantasy Flight to make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, the puzzles are our favorite part!

I'll tell you what though, I'd pay damn near the same price I paid for the original game for a tablet version that lets me play against an AI keeper.

(It's hard for our group to get this one on the table lately. CotW cannot come soon enough.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Handle" in terms of setting them up? Or "handle" in terms of solving them?

The latter just seems dumb, so I'll assume the former.

I've not had any difficulties setting the puzzles up as they work now and they're tactile fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
What? You make with the funny stuff?
badge
I don't feel tardy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowespade wrote:
Aw, the puzzles are our favorite part!

I'll tell you what though, I'd pay damn near the same price I paid for the original game for a tablet version that lets me play against an AI keeper.

(It's hard for our group to get this one on the table lately. CotW cannot come soon enough.)

An AI keeper would be fantastic! I love the puzzle too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Pirard
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An AI keeper would be great indeed, one that picks the objectives itself.
So that I could play as an investigator myself too.

Man I would give money for an app like that (hint, hint to FFG)

They did a good job on elder sign, so why not on MoM whistle whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For table space issues, we always set up the puzzles inside the lid of the box. That way we can pass 'em around if the first player can't solve them completely, and put 'em on the floor when not in use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.