Subject: Using 6-player team play with other maps (standard and fan made) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Victorius
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking what maps official and fan based, would be best for team play using the team Asia rules and set up with 6 players (3 teams of 2)?

Do you think that they should use a 3 player setup in that double routes become singular if that map states they should? If so to which maps?

Any other conflicts or benefits that rules/tokens/tickets specific to other maps would bring if you applied a team play element.

I'm thinking ones that have many links would work better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Shepherd
United States
Adrian
Michigan
flag msg tools
I don't have the Asia pack yet, but 6 player options are pretty appealing to me.

Some of the official maps are designed for fewer players, so 6 wouldn't be a great idea.

You could maybe do USA, but you would have to limit the number of trains - the Asia map is just plain bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Victorius
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryantendo wrote:
I don't have the Asia pack yet, but 6 player options are pretty appealing to me.

Some of the official maps are designed for fewer players, so 6 wouldn't be a great idea.

You could maybe do USA, but you would have to limit the number of trains - the Asia map is just plain bigger.

Yes you get those nice wooden card holders with the Asia expansion.

The thing is that the normal maps with 5 player support demand 45 trains per player.
The team Asia says 48 for each of the 3 teams which is 24 trains per player. So 225 trains vs 144 going down if everyone uses all their trains. I think I need to count up all the rail links on the boards and suggest a reasonably scaled, even number of trains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Fallenius
Sweden
(södra Älvsborg)
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fresco wrote:
ryantendo wrote:

Yes you get those nice wooden card holders with the Asia expansion.

The thing is that the normal maps with 5 player support demand 45 trains per player.
The team Asia says 48 for each of the 3 teams which is 24 trains per player. So 225 trains vs 144 going down if everyone uses all their trains. I think I need to count up all the rail links on the boards and suggest a reasonably scaled, even number of trains.

No, there should be 54 trains per team, according to the rules. The Team Asia map has room for 289 train cars. TtR (original) has 309, Europe 300, Märklin/Deutschland 315. So any of those maps has more than enough space for playing 3 x 54 trains. But statistics isn't everything; you have to playtest it first. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.