Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PLEDGE LEVEL SHOWCASE # 1: Make a Dino!

$350 or more. “You receive a “Limited Edition” copy of the game and get to work with Jolly Roger and Richard Launius on the design of an Encounter card and its effects featuring your favourite dinosaur or prehistoric creature.”
What's this Pledge Level all about?

This is a super fun one. In the game, there are a lot of cards in the deck that are Dinosaur Attack cards. You play them on your opponents to cause great beastly dinosaurs to attack them and hopefully cause them to lose crew. The many different dinosaurs in the game have various Strength levels, appear in different Zones of the game board, and some of them have special powers too.

But, there are a handful of few duplicate dinosaurs in the deck, and there are a lot of cool dinosaurs out there that we didn't include in the game. So, we thought we'd give you guys the chance to create your own Dinosaur Attack card starring your favourite dinosaur! Here's a list of the dinosaurs that already have Dinosaur Attack cards in the game:

Pterosaur, Deinonychus, Deinosuchus, Velociraptor, Triceratops, and Tyrannosaurus Rex.

And here's a link to a site that lists a ton of dinosaurs with pictures, in case you need some inspiration: http://www.search4dinosaurs.com

So, how does it work? When you pledge for this level:

1) You get to decide which dinosaur (or other prehistoric creature) you want on your card. This choice will be first-come-first-served and we can’t do duplicates—if someone else picked Ankylosaurus before you got to it, you’ll have to pick something else—so pledge today!*
2) You get to work with game designer Richard Launius to figure out the Strength Level, the Zones it appears in on the game board, and possibly any special power your dinosaur might have.*
3) You get to work with artist Josh Cappel to create an illustration concept for the card, which he’ll render to match the other art in the game.*
4) The card will bear a “Card Concept by Your Name” tag at the bottom so that your friends will believe you.

*Note: All details about the card and the illustration are subject to approval by Jolly Roger and the creative team. We will give you as much leeway as we can, but we want to keep the game cards balanced from a gameplay perspective and also make sure that your card “fits” within the Pirates vs. Dinosaurs game world.

So there you have it. Pretty awesome pledge level, huh? Jump on it while you can, there are only six spots available!

Head over to our Kickstarter page today and find the pledge level that works for you!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649598142/pirates-vs-di...

Thanks!

~Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, this is a limited level, and the first of six slots has already been taken! Pledge soon before someone gets your spot or calls dibs on the Dino you wanted!

~J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, now TWO of the six pledges have been taken up!

Not sure yet which dinosaurs those pledgers want to create, but if you have one in mind, now's the time to jump on it.

And, would someone please please pledge for an Ankylosaurus. I love those things.

~J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the dino names easier to read on the actual cards than on my computer screen? The red keeps blending in with the background....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
binarysunrise wrote:
Are the dino names easier to read on the actual cards than on my computer screen? The red keeps blending in with the background....

Wow, that is some weird timing. I was going through my database of preview images today and brought up this old image:

...where I asked the team for approval on switching the card titles to white for legibility, which they agreed with... then I forgot to do it.

Earlier today I noticed that old preview and have begun making the switch to all 86 Island cards. Thanks for asking; much better, right?

~Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
100%!
Awesome, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
I just upped my original pledge from just the game to "Make a Dino!"

I figure there isn't a cooler gift to give my 5 year old son (by the way counter to many people's opinions, the 5 year old part of the kickstarter story really grabbed my attention) than helping to create a dinosaur card for a board game.

One question: any chance backers at this level could get the custom dinosaur card in the game, and an extra copy to protect and keep as a collector's keepsake?

Just a thought, I already pledged at this amount so this has no effect on my decision I just figured it was worth asking.

I hope the project makes it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, now four of the six slots have been chosen! Only two more left!

Jeremie, about your question of obtaining an extra card, I'll make sure that Jim Dietz sees this thread. Sounds like a reasonable request to me personally!

And by the way, YES, what a great gift for your kid!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.