Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that Hans im Glück is presenting Dominion: Die Gilden on the upcomming Nürnberg Toy Fair. So I guess it's time to begin speculating...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure it is actually presenting and not just announcing?
February seems a bit early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What part of "it's time to begin speculating" was unclear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
Are you sure it is actually presenting and not just announcing?
February seems a bit early.

It won't be finished, if that's what you are asking.
At the Toy Fair, the publishers are showing boxes and pre-production copies of their upcomming game.
This is nothing new. It has been like that for decades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlatOnHisFace wrote:

Since I was the only one to respond so far, I have to assume that this is a question for me, if you can call it a question.
I fail to find ANY link between my question and the "Speculating" part.
Please explain where that comes from.

As far as the "presenting" goes, Donald X has been very secretive about the cards themselves and only starts to reveal them a few at a time just before the launch. Showing us the box only, because I am sure the cards will not be there yet, I would not call actually presenting the game. Just showing us how the game is going to be packaged.

However, that said, I would love to start speculating about what's in store for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Lake Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't speculating about the game when there is no announcement yet belong in the "General" forum? It seems like the thread should start with an official announcement or something like that if it were in the "News" forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Beaveman wrote:
Doesn't speculating about the game when there is no announcement yet belong in the "General" forum? It seems like the thread should start with an official announcement or something like that if it were in the "News" forum.

There was news in the OP, though I suspect it will turn out to be an error on the part of a distributor or something. The OP says "Hans im Gluck." Last we heard they were not making Guilds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
Beaveman wrote:

There was news in the OP, though I suspect it will turn out to be an error on the part of a distributor or something. The OP says "Hans im Gluck." Last we heard they were not making Guilds.

See! I knew it was time for the speculations to begin!
Is the air between HiG and RGG that bad that HiG would stop a popular game series just one expansion short of completion?

The box is listed at the pre-order list at milan-spiele.de - wrongly or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
FlatOnHisFace wrote:

Since I was the only one to respond so far, I have to assume that this is a question for me, if you can call it a question.
I fail to find ANY link between my question and the "Speculating" part.
Please explain where that comes from.

Whoa, trigger, calm down!

You may be failing to see the link because you are looking for the wrong thing. See, I was pretty much agreeing with you that it wasn't really a presentation; the OP was speculation. Get it?

It's a joke. Thus:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't joking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Broersen
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went on the Milan-Spiele.de website and, indeed, they give Hans im Gluck as the publisher. And very consistently for that, not just a one-off editing error.
However, when I try to find out when it would be available they ask me to sign on first. I don't want to do that yet so I did not get info (except the 29 Euro price).
I may sign on later to try and find out a bit more.

Now back to the speculation. Anyone for opening a new Forum for Dominion: Guilds and start the ball rolling?
Maybe we can get Donald to give some cryptic clues? I am sure that will get the juices going. After all, spring is right around the corner (only 2 months, 9 days, 2 hours an 23 minutes away). Just joking, I don't even know what day in March spring starts (20 or 21).

Release was planned for spring and I hope it is early and not late spring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hansbro wrote:
Now back to the speculation. Anyone for opening a new Forum for Dominion: Guilds and start the ball rolling?

As with previous expansions, we shouldn't create a BGG entry for (The) Guilds until the description is publicly available. I don't have insider information on when it will be released, but Donald mentioned here that the blurb for Cornucopia was released on January 22. I think it's reasonable to infer that the Guilds blurb will be out by the end of the month, but anything can happen so don't quote me on that (or at least include the context). In the meantime, a speculation thread is probably most proper in the forums for the Dominion family, not the Dominion game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
hansbro wrote:

As with previous expansions, we shouldn't create a BGG entry for (The) Guilds until the description is publicly available. I don't have insider information on when it will be released, but Donald mentioned here that the blurb for Cornucopia was released on January 22. I think it's reasonable to infer that the Guilds blurb will be out by the end of the month, but anything can happen so don't quote me on that (or at least include the context). In the meantime, a speculation thread is probably most proper in the forums for the Dominion family, not the Dominion game.

Jeff Wolfe guarantees we'll get verbage this month! AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
Get your damn cursor off my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wolfe, you have done pretty good with not spoiling Dominion info up to this point. As Guilds may the last major Dominion release, it may also be your last opportunity to reveal insider Dominion secerts. If you don't, you may regret it later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Pawlak
Poland
near Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
m_knox wrote:
:whistle:

I have spent so much time googling for medieval art that I recognize that image. The upper right portion was once the prototype image for the card that ended up being called Apprentice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
hansbro wrote:

Hey, today is January 22nd. I'm just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan. These are 'permanent microbadges' to free up space on my microbadge row
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
jeffwolfe wrote:
hansbro wrote:

In much of the world, it's already the 23rd. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enfynet enfynet
msg tools
jeffwolfe wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
jeffwolfe wrote:
hansbro wrote:

In much of the world, it's already the 23rd. wow

So Donald was right... they aren't making Guilds cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.