Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen mention of a few different folks playing Galaxy Trucker with 6 players who have all seemed to enjoy it:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/3495419#3495419

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/74509/item/1904842#item190...

That said these posts were all before the 2nd expansion was released. Does having both in any way add any advantages to supporting a 6th player? (even if only by including certain elements?)

Either way, would be great if those that have experience playing with 6 could share their tips and recommendations as far as any modifications that are beneficial. (rule mods / tile counts / tile exclusions etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Really you should be fine just with the extra boards because you don't really need the '5' player disc when building ships. Effectively 6th is just the last person left.

Other than that, the rules are so awkwardly bastardised to fit in the 5th player that I see no problem just extending those same rules for a 6th in exactly the same fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
I've seen mention of a few different folks playing Galaxy Trucker with 6 players who have all seemed to enjoy it:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/3495419#3495419

NuMystic actually sent me GeekMail, asking me to share my thoughts, so that's why I'm here.

Ironically, I don't actually remember playing 6 players, but that link above was definitely written by me, and I recorded a somewhat detailed playlog of the night, so I guess it just slipped my memory.

When the new expansion finally comes out, there should be no problem having enough tiles for round 3. With just one expansion, round 3 can be a bit tight.

You can't make the game completely fair, since there aren't enough boards for all players to have the same board. So, you'll have to handicap the more experienced players by giving them more difficult boards, just so that there's enough to go around.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd actually print my own extra boards for the 6th to avoid that one issue. Any other considerations you can think of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshinori Miyazaki
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, considering the ship sizes, ship parts tile amount and 6 player game, you´ll need per round:
Round I and II) Galaxy Trucker,GT, and one GT Big Expansion, additional round I and II ships, 2 ship tokens and position tile #6.
Round III)GT and two GT Big Expansion. Obs.: paint 2 ship tokens with a different color. Or, the same of "Round I and II" plus 42 ship part tiles plus a round III ship.
Round IV) Same of "Round III" plus GT Another Big Expansion and one round IV ship.
Final position rewards modification:
Round I) 1st:5;2nd:4;3rd:3;4th:2;5th:1;6th:zero
Following rounds: 10,8,6,4,2,zero; 15,12,9,6,3,zero; 20,16,12,8,4,zero.

Other: Buy two GTs, 3 players per galaxy, use the same event cards to all (each event card is resolve twice, one time in each galaxy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with 6...with the anniversary edition.

Ah...here is my write up:
http://rpggeek.com/thread/1003824/trying-out-6-players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder whether with more players it would also be better to increase the time penalties for landing, picking up rewards, etc. First to last place can be just so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.