Hide
5 Posts

Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth» Forums » General

Subject: Dungeon command where to start. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
emanuel ralha
msg tools
Hello, im new to board gamming, im a casual magic the gathering player for 15 years now and i own WoA i like the mecanics and DM less factor.

I stomped across this Dungeon Command games and im whiling to buy them all if i like it, just need some advices where to start, this is a faction game you need to choose 1 and play agains other right?

One box allow a 2 player game?

What is the best to have all of them, and in each session you choose your faction/box to play, for example in a 3 player session each player choose a faction/box.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
I haven't played Dungeon Command yet (I've got a copy incoming) but I can tell you that you WILl be able to play two players with just one box. In the rules there's instructions on how to play two players with just one army box. I would have to imagine that it's not the optimal way, but it does at least allow you to try the game with a small initial investment.

Me, I went a bit insane an ordered three boxes without ever having tried the game (my justification being that if nothing else I can use the minis for Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eralha wrote:
...im a casual magic the gathering player for 15 years now and i own WoA i like the mecanics and DM less factor...

That's great! Pick a faction you would like to add to WoA. Each set contains the cards needed to add the creatures to the D&D Adventure system.

Quote:
One box allow a 2 player game?

Yes. Each box is designed to teach the game to two players.

Quote:

What is the best to have all of them, and in each session you choose your faction/box to play, for example in a 3 player session each player choose a faction/box.

Each player is expected to bring his/her own faction to the game. (Just like Magic). Like Magic, you can mix the factions to construct your own warband.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.

yw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emanuel ralha
msg tools
Thanks for the replys, i will buy for a start:

Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth

Dungeon Command: Tyranny of Goblins

Lolth because e read in some thread that its the best for a starter, and goblins because i Love goblins in MTG, i have 1 hell of a legacy deck of goblins. I like board games like WoA or Wow:tag wich i own both, in WoA i find myself and my friends strugling to solve the dungeon puzzel in Wow:tag i like the competitive game play and the card based abilitys.

As a Mtg player for so many years i like a skill based game i like to put a smile on my face when i win a game because a tought further than my oponent, i think i will love this.

Btw i have descent 2 edition comming on the way. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
This game is so much fun...

2 weeks ago, I played some 2vs2, and I think it was the most fun I've had in a while.

Very enjoyable experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.