Subject: Equipment: Startling Evidence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karry Lim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I just got the game recently and I need some clarification on how Startling Evidence action ability works.

It says "Discard this card and take 2 horror. The keeper must then tell you which room the next clue card is in"

Which means ... I can randomly tell which room that has a clue card in it? or is there a sequence or strategy to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ixamos wrote:
Hi all,

I just got the game recently and I need some clarification on how Startling Evidence action ability works.

It says "Discard this card and take 2 horror. The keeper must then tell you which room the next clue card is in"

Which means ... I can randomly tell which room that has a clue card in it? or is there a sequence or strategy to it?

There is a sequence. The clues count down from the highest number to 1. So if the last clue the investigators found was clue 4, then you must tell them where clue 3 is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karry Lim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Ixamos wrote:
Hi all,

There is a sequence. The clues count down from the highest number to 1. So if the last clue the investigators found was clue 4, then you must tell them where clue 3 is.

Thanks mate, I understand now. Btw, is there anywhere that this rule is written in the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ixamos wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Ixamos wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks mate, I understand now. Btw, is there anywhere that this rule is written in the rule book?

I think there isn't a need for it to be in the rulebook, since the card's instructions specifically spell out what it does. The card "breaks" the game rules of investigators not knowing where clues are hidden, making the card a unique rule in and of itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karry Lim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got another question which I do not wanna create another thread for it. Just say, I got a Zombie who has a stun token during the Investigator's turn and once during the Keeper's turn monster attack phase, I will get to remove the stun token right?. Am I still able to attack after the stun token has been removed on that same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Ixamos wrote:
I got another question which I do not wanna create another thread for it. Just say, I got a Zombie who has a stun token during the Investigator's turn and once during the Keeper's turn monster attack phase, I will get to remove the stun token right?. Am I still able to attack after the stun token has been removed on that same turn?

No. Removing the stun token uses up the monster's chance to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karry Lim
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
Ixamos wrote:

No. Removing the stun token uses up the monster's chance to attack.

Thanks mate. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.