Recommend
13 
 Thumb up
 Hide
52 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Keyflower» Forums » News

Subject: Keyflower Preorders Open rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Salute
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower preorders are now open!

And here's the original press release from Game Salute and R&D Games

"Richard Breese and R&D Games are well known for producing quality games, especially the “Key” series, which has included hits such as Keythedral and Keydom. Game Salute is proud to announce that they will be bringing the latest game in this series, Keyflower, to the United States in the first quarter of 2013. The initial print run of Keyflower was a big hit at the Essen Spiel fair, selling out rapidly following it’s release in October 2012 and ending up at the top of the Fairplay rankings from the show.

Dan Yarrington, CEO of Game Salute says “It’s a pleasure to be working with Richard and bringing this awesome Euro game to the US”.
Richard Breese had this to share about the relationship: “I am excited to be able to bring Keyflower to the US through Game Salute.”
Keyflower is a game for two to six players played over four rounds. Each round represents a season: spring, summer, autumn, and finally winter. Each player starts the game with a “home” tile and an initial team of eight workers, each of which is colored red, yellow, or blue. Workers of matching colors are used by the players to bid for tiles to add to their villages. Matching workers may alternatively be used to generate resources, skills and additional workers, not only from the player’s own tiles, but also from the tiles in the other players’ villages and from the new tiles being auctioned.

In spring, summer, and autumn, more workers will arrive on board the Keyflower and her sister boats, with some of these workers possessing skills in the working of the key resources of iron, stone, and wood. In each of these seasons, village tiles are set out at random for auction. In the winter, no new workers arrive, and the players select the village tiles for auction from those they received at the beginning of the game. Each winter village tile offers VPs for certain combinations of resources, skills, and workers. The player whose village and workers generate the most VPs wins the game.

Keyflower presents players with many different challenges, and each game will be different due to the mix of village tiles that appear in that particular game. Throughout the game, players will need to be alert to the opportunities to best utilize their various resources, transport and upgrade capability, skills, and workers.

Keyflower, a joint design between Richard Breese and Sebastian Bleasdale, is the seventh game in the “Key” series from R&D Games set in the medieval “Key” land.

You can preorder the game now at Shop.GameSalute.com"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fantastic!
How long will the preorder window be open?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Canadian retailers be receiving copies of the game at some point, or will this be the only way to get a copy of the game in the foreseeable future?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this will be available in Canada through another company. Game Salute will only be handling USA for Keyflower.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schensted
United States
Lakefield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and my no buying new games in 2013 pledge has been likely broken.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Game Salute direct distribution exclusive or will I still be able to get Keyflower from select online and offline retailers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be available through all local Select Stores and through our Authorized Online Stores: Shop.GameSalute.com and Amazon.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Shadrix
United States
Athens
GA - Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you please clarify? Will Keyflower be available through online stores like CSI and Boards and Bits?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Presently the only Authorized Online Stores for Game Salute titles are Shop.GameSalute.com and Amazon.

We will be launching a beta program to expand our Authorized Online Stores program this year, so stay tuned for details as they're available.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this'll be interesting to watch.

B>
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
This will be available through all local Select Stores and through our Authorized Online Stores: Shop.GameSalute.com and Amazon.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute


Is there a shipping charge on orders placed on Amazon or Shop.GameSalute.com?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blindsorrow wrote:
Game Salute wrote:
This will be available through all local Select Stores and through our Authorized Online Stores: Shop.GameSalute.com and Amazon.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute


Is there a shipping charge on orders placed on Amazon or Shop.GameSalute.com?


Will be good to have it confirmed by Dan, but every other current title I can see from them is free shipping from either so I can't imagine KeyFlower will be any different.

Only benefit I can see ordering from Amazon is if you have an Amazon Visa and want the rewards points.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
blindsorrow wrote:
Game Salute wrote:
This will be available through all local Select Stores and through our Authorized Online Stores: Shop.GameSalute.com and Amazon.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute


Is there a shipping charge on orders placed on Amazon or Shop.GameSalute.com?


Will be good to have it confirmed by Dan, but every other current title I can see from them is free shipping from either so I can't imagine KeyFlower will be any different.

Only benefit I can see ordering from Amazon is if you have an Amazon Visa and want the rewards points.


Or if you don't have Prime and use it as a vehicle to ship other Amazon-fulfilled item(s) totaling less than $25.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is free in the US on all orders at $25 or more through Shop.GameSalute.com and Amazon.com

Thanks everyone for your support. Keyflower is on a boat now in the Atlantic and is due to arrive at the end of February / start of March, so stay tuned!

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I preordered just in time. While not on the official list to buy this year, I figured $50 with free shipping was too good to pass up since it has limited availability in terms of where it is sold and any other place's ability to beat that price. Plus, Key games are notorious for their limited prints so I didn't want to miss out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gomez
United States
South Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Shipping is free in the US on all orders at $25 or more through Shop.GameSalute.com and Amazon.com

Thanks everyone for your support. Keyflower is on a boat now in the Atlantic and is due to arrive at the end of February / start of March, so stay tuned!

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute


That's odd, because when I pre-ordered it I was charged $9 shipping within the US. Is this something new?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TheGreatGomi wrote:

That's odd, because when I pre-ordered it I was charged $9 shipping within the US. Is this something new?


That does seem odd. I was not charged for shipping so hopefully they will refund that for you if you were charged.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that it matters much, but I'm pretty sure I was charged for shipping as well unless I spent $6o or $70 so I added on another game to get the free shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrrrupp wrote:
Not that it matters much, but I'm pretty sure I was charged for shipping as well unless I spent $6o or $70 so I added on another game to get the free shipping.


Actually, scratch that, I paid $15 shipping for Keyflower + Shadowrift :(
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one! Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to getting this one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy pre-ordered from Boards & Bits
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
I have a copy pre-ordered from Boards & Bits


Ouch.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
I have a copy pre-ordered from Boards & Bits


Ouch.


Oh well. I also ordered one copy from Richard Breese directly for $90. whistle

Anyone looking to overspend on a copy for a good cause? (me)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure Tom would let you put the pre-order amount towards other in stock games if you gave them a call or dropped them an email. Their policy page also states you can cancel unshipped orders.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
I'm sure Tom would let you put the pre-order amount towards other in stock games if you gave them a call or dropped them an email. Their policy page also states you can cancel unshipped orders.


Tom has consented to many of my "askings." I'm just sucking this one up. My mistake.
1 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.