Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Trajan a few days ago, had my first game yesterday and really enjoyed it. Actually, everyone at the table had the same feelings:
-cool box
-nice components
-(while reading the rules) this seems very complicated
-lots of components to set up and sort, hope the game will be worth it but starting to have my doubts.
-(first turn) don't really know how much I'll enjoy it, but since we set it up, let's have a go
-(3rd turn) kinda random, but decent. Not so complicated after all, everything seems to be color coded and the icons quite clear.
-(5th turn) not random at all, hmm, I need to focus some more on the mancala thingy, this is really interesting.
-(15th turn) it's awesome, after we finish this game, we are gonna play it again right?

This pretty much sums up my Trajan experience, cant wait to have another gaming day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had a similar experience, nice summary.

HolyGigi wrote:
-lots of components to set up and sort, hope the game will be worth it but starting to have my doubts.

I'm hoping to find a Plano box to organize the pieces and shorten the setup and clean-up.

HolyGigi wrote:
-(15th turn) it's awesome, after we finish this game, we are gonna play it again right?

Last night we were playing our 5th or 6th game (thus far) and my wife said, "Okay. You can get more of this designer's games if you want to... after we play this more." (We played a lot of Castles of Burgundy (41x) last year). More Feld goodness in our future!

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took a second play for me to see the light. Once your head starts "getting" how the mancala works suddenly everything opens up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.