Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if I got this right:

In the rules it states:

Quote:
Opposed System Tests - During an Opposed System Test, both players will roll one die and add it to the matching System Rating. Each player can also play one Command Card to modify the test. pg 9

It is later stated that:

Quote:
Crew Cards - When you play a Crew Card from your hand, you must assign it to a ship in play. The Crew Card grants a permanent bonus to that ship, as long as it remains assigned to it. pg 26

My assumption is that during combat the crew (Command) cards on a ship add a cumulative total permanent bonus for that ship - plus - you get to play one command card from your hand (or forfeit one of your crews ability to use their combat text).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Command cards and Battle
Just to clarify your last sentence, you can use an assigned crew bonus plus play your one command card. However, you can also discard a crew to gain his combat/ops bonus and still play another command card on top of that. So discarding a crew memeber does't count as playing your one command card.

Edit: I'll try and find the reference in the rules, so you don't have to take my word for it.

Edit2: Pg 27 "Crew Cards", below the blue text example, in the red text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can either have:
Command Card + Permanent Crew Bonuces, or
Command Card + One Crew card discard for Ops/Combat bonus + Rest of Crew permanent bonuces

I am not 100% sure if you can discard more then one crew card per action for its ops/combat bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heidebrecht
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shemar wrote:

I am not 100% sure if you can discard more then one crew card per action for its ops/combat bonus.

Not sure if this is helpful but I found this on the Romulan Empire Rule Sheet, which states:

Quote:
Q. Can you give more detail on when crew that are assigned to ships can use their ops and combat affects?
A. They must first have been previously assigned to a ship (i.e. you can’t play a card during an encounter or combat to assign a crew to a ship mid event) and can only impact the ship they are assigned to. Trashing or discarding a crew card are the same for timing - the difference is where the card ends up. Doing either is outside the normal rules of playing a card (per the note on page 27 of the base set rules) - i.e. it doesn’t impact Command Cards you can play (you can still play a command card in addition to discarding/trashing 1 or more crew).
If you trash or discard a crew it replaces the benefit the crew was providing. You may do it at any time as long as other conditions are correct. Ex.
Tasha Yar can be trashed for +4 weapons in combat (losing the +2 she
was providing) but other cards may be only during system tests etc. Your opponent may respond and also discard or trash crew cards in response (typically in combat). Espionage Abilities occur last when disputes in terms of timing occur.
Example - I discard a Crew to improve my shields to prevent a point of damage I would otherwise have to take (i.e. after dice have been rolled). My opponent discards a crew to improve their weapons. I trash Data to prevent the damage. While there are edge cases of timing - in general they should be rare and common sense between parties should prevail.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/84327/stfc-romulan-empire-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy"
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heidebrechtluke wrote:
Shemar wrote:

Not sure if this is helpful but I found this on the Romulan Empire Rule Sheet, which states:

Quote:
Q. Can you give more detail on when crew that are assigned to ships can use their ops and combat affects?
A. Example - I discard a Crew to improve my shields to prevent a point of damage I would otherwise have to take (i.e. after dice have been rolled). My opponent discards a crew to improve their weapons. I trash Data to prevent the damage.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/84327/stfc-romulan-empire-...

My opinion would be, based on the paragraph that I left visible above, that you can indeed discard or trash more than one Crew Card during the same action or encounter or incident or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.