Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when units are involved in a battle, they cannot then be moved again for the rest of the turn. I get that. But, is their non-movement-ness contagious? Does it effect a group they happen to be a part of?

Here is an example from the last game I played. A played left an undefended wonder, but there was quite a bit of stuff in the way for the next player.

Yellow Units = 1,2,3
Blue Settler = S
Blue Undefended City = C
Blue Undefended City w/ Wonder = W

Scenario at the beginning of yellow's turn: 3 units in 1 space, followed by the blue settler, city, then wonder city.

3SCW

So, can yellow do the following?
Move Action 1, move Unit 1 into the hex with the Settler, starting a one-round, no-fight battle, but pinning Unit 1.

31CW

Then use the rest of the Move action to allow Units 2 and 3 to catch up, but they did not take part in the battle.

1CW

Next, with Move Action 2, do the same with Unit 2, moving into the undefended city, taking it over, and getting pinned in the process. Then Move Unit 3 to catch up.

12W

Finally, with Move Action 3 in the turn, move Unit 3 into the city to take the Wonder.
Legal?

(To further complicate matters, in the actual situation the yellow units were in a yellow city and needed to use roads to reach the settler. The yellow player had the necessary resources to make it happen, though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a little abstract - but if I understand what you are saying then yes, it is legal. If you spend enough actions, and seperate moves, moving in a certain order, then it is possible to engange with units, move into the space where a battle just took place then move those units again. The important part is that no single piece of plastic is in multiple battles or moves after a battle.

Does that answer the question? Fingeres crossed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could mark the units that fought by tipping them on their sides until your turn is over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
It's a little abstract - but if I understand what you are saying then yes, it is leagal. If you spend enough actions, and seperate moves, moving in a certain order, then it is possible to engange with units, move into the space where a battle just took place then move those units again. The important part is that no single piece of plastic is in multiple battles or moves after a battle.

Yep. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks, Christian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
marqzen wrote:
It's a little abstract - but if I understand what you are saying then yes, it is leagal. If you spend enough actions, and seperate moves, moving in a certain order, then it is possible to engange with units, move into the space where a battle just took place then move those units again. The important part is that no single piece of plastic is in multiple battles or moves after a battle.

Yep. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks, Christian.

My pleasure. Have fun! (provoided it wasn't your wonder )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhat related question, if someone attacks you on their turn and your units survive, can you move them on your turn?

So does the "turn" mentioned in the rule book refer to your own turn, or the game turn (ie. turn 1, turn 2 and turn 3 each round)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Somewhat related question, if someone attacks you on their turn and your units survive, can you move them on your turn?

Yes, no problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Goyer
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, Christian...

Just to make things clear...

If I have 2 armies each one on 2 different adjacent hexes both adjacent to an ennemy army and I would want to attack with both.
I would have to move one of my army with my second army first (first move) and then attack with my group (2nd move) leaving me a third move to complete my Move action.

Otherwise, if I attack with my first army, the combat would take effect immediatly.
So there is definite advantage to group your armies most of the time.

Am I right...

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:
By the way, Christian...

If I have 2 armies each one on 2 different adjacent hexes both adjacent to an ennemy army and I would want to attack with both.
I would have to move one of my army with my second army first (first move) and then attack with my group (2nd move) leaving me a third move to complete my Move action.

Otherwise, if I attack with my first army, the combat would take effect immediatly.

Am I right...

Owll

Edit: wow I totally misread this.

Answer is no. It will take a 2nd move action in order to move the merged army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:
By the way, Christian...

Am I right...

Owll

The attack with the group would have to be a separate move action, as each unit may only move once per action. You could move 2 other units or groups elsewhere on the board during each of the 2 actions, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
owll wrote:

No, I think you'd have to take two actions to do that. Move action 1 would be to move army A into the hex with army B. But A cannot move again during action 1, so Move action 2 would then be to move the new group into the city. You could use the other parts of the move actions elsewhere on the board, but I think you'd have to use two actions.

Of course, we have do The Authority on the rules watching this thread, so I could be wrong and wasting my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right (two Move Actions required).

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/877101/units-can-only-move-o...

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.